Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im about to get an atv but i wish if someone can help me is the 2008 polaris scrambler good enough?? And what it can be used for like work or something else also i want to know if its same powerfull as sportman 500 i really love the scrambler i just need to know about it more thanks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
scramble 500 should have the same motor as the sp 500 and it all depends on what u want to do with it what is your definition of "good enough"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scambler 500

Well i want to know if its good for begginers but i love the scrambler may it be good for me anyway im 16 year old.

·
Registered
434 Posts
still depends if u have any experience at all do u like cvt standard or semi IRS or SRA really up to preference ive had alot of things to fix on my polaris compared to other quads and if i had to tackle them when i first got into this with no mechanic experience i'd have on large bill andno way to pay it I M O if your good with wrenches polaris is a good machine lol jk not badmouthing polaris but they do take a fair bit of maitenance

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
everything takes a fair bit of maintenance to keep it running well. It's the nature of the sport. at 16 I'm not sure I'd jump right into a scrambler for a first time bike. but then again. in your head, you're still invincible. I wasn't much older before I missed death by the good lords help. so I know better now. just my $.02

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
still depends if u have any experience at all do u like cvt standard or semi IRS or SRA really up to preference ive had alot of things to fix on my polaris compared to other quads and if i had to tackle them when i first got into this with no mechanic experience i'd have on large bill andno way to pay it I M O if your good with wrenches polaris is a good machine lol jk not badmouthing polaris but they do take a fair bit of maitenance
What is semi irs?

S3

·
Registered
130 Posts
It was one of the best quads I had. A lot of fun. And I dragged 2 deer out of the woods at same time no problems with it. A lot more nimble the the sportsman. Small racks you can get for it and limited mud protection.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I disagree with some of these guys i think the scrambler would be a great machine for you. It comes up short on the utility side though. If you want performance AND utility on a 16 year olds budget you could try to find a mid 90's Polaris Xplorer 400 two stroke.

·
Registered
434 Posts
semi auto no hand clutch just chift with your foot cvt is with a belt and irs is independant rear suspension vs straight axle with swing arm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts