Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 scrambler. 4x4 and RWD. it has a winch in the front. Ive tried all types of ways to wheelie it and nothing works. Can i wheelie a scrambler or what the heck. Ive put my left foot on the rear rack, ive pushed my body back. Ive pressed the brake while revving it. Any tips?

·
Registered
233 Posts
My '01 wouldnt wheelie very easy until I put a clutch kit in it, then all I had to do was slide to the back of the seat. Have you checked the belt lately?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked the belt! But i own another same scrambler, same year. Just did not have a 4x4 option. Or a winch and i wheelied that whenever i wanted. So im not sure what the actual issue could be

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have not checked the belt! But i own another same scrambler, same year. Just did not have a 4x4 option. Or a winch and i wheelied that whenever i wanted. So im not sure what the actual issue could be
I'm guessing the extra eight on the front end is the problem, I didnt have a winch on mine but did have a DG aluminum bumper and full skid plates.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Getting a CVT drive to wheelie is all in the clutch and belt, question is why do you want to wheelie? What purpose does doing a a wheelie serve? It it useful on the trails or does it reduce wear on parts? Can't be that it makes operation safer. If safety was the issue and it is safer to operate on two wheels, then get a motorcycle. Less weight, less cost and safer out of the box since it only has two wheels to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts