Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell if this little piece goes into that hole in the gearcase ?
I'm replacing a broken swingarm and I can't remember from where that little guy fell off... thanks in advance

I think is the number 36... I'm seeking help because I've never done it.
In theory I put that bushing/pivot inside that hole in the gearcase, then put the left side of the swingarm in place, screw the big swingarm bolt, and that's it,,, ?!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
I believe you are correct, bur it's a best guess - I would really need to see the part and how it fits the hole

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Don't know where the swing arm pic came from, but what is the part number for key 36?
On the 500 2x4 models A01BA50AA and AB - part 36 (as on the schematic for the gear case) is 3233527 - I suspect the part 36 in the schematic of the swing arm is the same part number as in the drawing of gearcase.

I think it is the same part in different drawings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fault for not explaining correctly.
The part 36 (3233527) in the schematic of the swing arm that I've posted is the same part number as in the drawing of gearcase, I copied and pasted it into the swing arm schematic.

I was trying to demonstrate where part 36 will enter, next to the left side of the swingarm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Still working the weekends on my red devil.

Loosening the nuts (7547031) on both axles was a nightmare, I had to ask a favor from a friend because alone at home I just couldn't do it.
Moving forward, everything loose and ready to assemble.

What's the best way to clean axle or shaft splines ?

I have a doubt, it is good to use copper mass on the splines of the rear axle ?
All the splines where water can enter and calcify the parts, it is good to use copper mass, right?

And on the the driven clutch shaft ?
I'm assuming NOT to use copper mass on the drive clutch shaft right ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts