·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its still available, All You have to do is pay the shipping or if you can pick it up if you plan on being in the chicago land area. PM your address and I can get you a shipping cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will take the differential off of your hands

I recently bought a project ATV. Its a 2001 Scrambler 500 H.O 4x4. I changed the engine and quickly came to the conclusion that the AWD doesn't work, i've checked the electric current and everything seems o.k...something tells me that the front differential is busted because when I jack up the ATV all four wheel spin, but there is no "drive" in the front wheels and I can stop them both by hand even at full throttle. I'm hoping that the only thing I need to do is change out the front Diff entirely. That is if it's still available. I live in Ottawa Ontario, Canada. Any idea of the shipping cost? Area code, K0A2M0.

Hope to hear from ya
[email protected]
Cheers
Northern Lad

·
Registered
665 Posts
Did you change the fluid in the front hubs?

I recently bought a project ATV. Its a 2001 Scrambler 500 H.O 4x4. I changed the engine and quickly came to the conclusion that the AWD doesn't work, i've checked the electric current and everything seems o.k...something tells me that the front differential is busted because when I jack up the ATV all four wheel spin, but there is no "drive" in the front wheels and I can stop them both by hand even at full throttle. I'm hoping that the only thing I need to do is change out the front Diff entirely. That is if it's still available. I live in Ottawa Ontario, Canada. Any idea of the shipping cost? Area code, K0A2M0.

Hope to hear from ya
[email protected]
Cheers
Northern Lad

·
Registered
3 Posts
front differentials

No can't say that I have...didn't think that would make the difference from it working or not working...I am a rookie wrench turner so...if you think that could fix the problem i'm definitely up to try.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Let me start off by saying that I don't know for sure, but that is where I would start. (I have a newer 4wd and i know it is engaged differently than yours).

It is my understanding with the older machines like yours that the awd switch engages armature plates that are located in each hub. If either of the front wheels do not spin then the armature (on that side) is not working correctly.

With your problem it sounds like they are getting engaged, but may not have the fluid pressure build up to stay engaged. Or they could just be low on fluid.

There is a special fluid at the polaris store that goes in them; i don't remember what it's called but they dealer will know.

Have fun!

No can't say that I have...didn't think that would make the difference from it working or not working...I am a rookie wrench turner so...if you think that could fix the problem i'm definitely up to try.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Cool, let us know if that works out for you man!

You should also check/change fluid in the front differential while you are there!

Amazing, thanks for the insight buddy. I will check that, I hope its a quick fix. Could save me some serious $$$.
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts