Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
engine on my '16 Polaris Scrambler 850 H.O. blew up so I'm searching for complete engine.

Engine had 3000 km it's about 1865 miles, oil change was regularly (Let's be real that's practically new). Races or "mud holes" have never been driven with ATV, only recreational driving on Sundays.
Engine block cracked on left and right side of the engine. My assumption that engine balance shaft went out of phase and caused that. I disassemble engine and it's all tear up inside(crankshaft, piston, piston rod etc..), there is no help.

Only problem is that I'm from Croatia so if I find engine in America I'll need call a customs and ask them what is procedure for importing engine from America or some other country that is not a part of the European union.
I would appreciate any help!

Best regards,
Denis

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
contact nFlow they are a supporting member on this forum. I have had them rebuild my tranny and engine from them. im sure they will be able to help you with the whole shipping deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
contact nFlow they are a supporting member on this forum. I have had them rebuild my tranny and engine from them. im sure they will be able to help you with the whole shipping deal.
Do you know maybe is that common problem of polaris 2016 engines or what?

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
Do you know maybe is that common problem of polaris 2016 engines or what?
No Polaris has solid power train. Only issue they had was some of the 12-14 850s timing gear was slipping. I have seen them blow through the case like that but by no means is it common.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
oh also nFlow was offering $500 off a couple weeks ago. I don't know if they still are but ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh also nFlow was offering $500 off a couple weeks ago. I don't know if they still are but ask.
Also I have a one more question. Certainly I have to buy engine, is it possible and what do I need to install polaris 1000cc engine in my polaris scrambler. Because I found used 1000cc engine in Poland.
Electronic of 1000cc engine 100%, any other parts?

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
that I don't know do some google searching. I know its been done before ive read about guys doing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, thank you @bp405 ! I'll google and search the forum a little bit more and in the end I will see what am I going to do.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah there was a thread a few months back somebody was doing that switch. I believe he was successful.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I still would contact nFlow like bp^^^^ suggested. Just to see their price. Doing a swap with an engine that wasn’t made for your bike You know will cost more than you can anticipate. Plus taking chance on an unknown motor. Not saying it’s not worth trying, just think it’s worth looking at other options.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
That's a good point Sprotsman!!!

Also I know nFlow compensates for any deficiencies or engineering short comings of the original design of the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still would contact nFlow like bp^^^^ suggested. Just to see their price. Doing a swap with an engine that wasn’t made for your bike You know will cost more than you can anticipate. Plus taking chance on an unknown motor. Not saying it’s not worth trying, just think it’s worth looking at other options.
I contacted nFlow and now I am waiting for reply.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you compare nFlow cost to unknown engine price, exhaust issues, spring dampener, re-flash ECU.... there has to be more.....to me even if it was $1000-1500.00 more I’d take the Brand New correct motor. But then again I live in the U.S. too, not sure your shipping cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get you.... I'm searching and asking everyone from over the world, because Europe is very weak with parts for polaris, I didn't say there are no parts for polaris in Europe don't get me wrong. I'm saying that we don't have polaris retailers like you have In America and every retailer have different price for parts(usually cheaper than Polaris official). What I can do here in Croatia is only to go in polaris store and order that parts, but that will cost me to much money(about 3800 euros ~ 4100USD)

·
10,342 Posts
If you can get the 1000 engine reasonable enough and with any kind of warranty I might would go that route. It appears the only real difference is the exhaust. The guy in the previous thread was going to have the ECU reprogrammed anyway so I'm not sure that was even necessary.

·
Premium Member
9,362 Posts
do a little research of key parts like tranny, throttle body, injectors, ECU, etc. just make sure those key parts are the same and do the swap. I cant see much being different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts