Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve ran down the wires to the hubs getting almost 12 volts both sides just does lock in.
Need help can I just clean up the metal maybe. And is it a common thing that the magnets just stop working on both sides?

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Partly depends on several factors - including what kind of oil in the hubs and how you are testing. How did you determine the AWD was not working?

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
There is a really good tutorial here that covers the hub hilliard clutches. Explains how they work and how to fix them I would start there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Partly depends on several factors - including what kind of oil in the hubs and how you are testing. How did you determine the AWD was not working?
I put in on jack stands the light for 4x4 comes on front tires don’t move at all in 4x4 forward or reverse. I heard that the front end oil can get thick and won’t engadge corectly

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
All the oil in the hub has to do is mix emulsify with water and it can quit working - sometimes just draining the hub and putting in new oil will fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the oil in the hub has to do is mix emulsify with water and it can quit working - sometimes just draining the hub and putting in new oil will fix it.
Ok thanks man just learning this stuff I’ve worked on cars most of my life just don’t haveexaperince with these so I was trying to get help I appreciate it

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
How do I find that
Open the How To section and it is a saved one just a couple down from the top in the list. The first part is what you want to read. A lot of the later part is some of us responding and asking questions. Basically the system energizes the wires to the hubs when the switch is on, but doesn't engage them until the rear wheels slip. The system is controlled on the ground side through all the sensors.

If you had all 4 wheels off the ground then there is a problem obviously......Changing the fluid in the hubs is the first thing to try. I would drain and refill with auto transmission fluid get that circulated and drain it again. Maybe do that a few times to flush out all the years of gunk. You can test it again with the trans fluid and even run it that way if you want to. I generally use it to flush the system then go to the Demand Drive fluid from Polaris.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A
Open the How To section and it is a saved one just a couple down from the top in the list. The first part is what you want to read. A lot of the later part is some of us responding and asking questions. Basically the system energizes the wires to the hubs when the switch is on, but doesn't engage them until the rear wheels slip. The system is controlled on the ground side through all the sensors.

If you had all 4 wheels off the ground then there is a problem obviously......Changing the fluid in the hubs is the first thing to try. I would drain and refill with auto transmission fluid get that circulated and drain it again. Maybe do that a few times to flush out all the years of gunk. You can test it again with the trans fluid and even run it that way if you want to. I generally use it to flush the system then go to the Demand Drive fluid from Polaris.
awsome thanks man I appreciate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts