Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a grounding cable hanging loose on my 07 Polaris Sportsman 500. I was hoping someone could tell me where it goes. The ground cable coming from my battery is about 6" long and bolts directly to frame. The ground cable that is loose has one end bolted to the frame with the battery cable, and the other end is hanging loose. The loose cable is about 15" long and I don't know where it goes.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I have a grounding cable hanging loose on my 07 Polaris Sportsman 500. I was hoping someone could tell me where it goes. The ground cable coming from my battery is about 6" long and bolts directly to frame. The ground cable that is loose has one end bolted to the frame in the same place and the other end is hanging loose. The loose cable is about 15" long and I don't know where it goes.
Is there anything NOT working on the atv. If the answer is yes, that's probably where it goes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a winch mounted and that has its own ground and power cables. I've looked over the area that this 15" cable can reach and I can't see where it might have been mounted.

Could this be part of the pre-wire for the winch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The top engine mount is just above the throttle body, towards the front of the engine, and that's to far for the cable to reach so it can't go there.

That's the engine ground. It should go under one of the top engine mount bolts on top of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts