Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2017 polaris sportsman 570 that is overheating it has a snorkel relocation kit on it and haven’t had any issues till now. The fan kicks on around 199 degrees but the temps true just keeps going up. If anyone has any advice i would really appreciate and would like to know what the running temperature should be thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
make sure the rad is completely clean!!!!! then clean it again!!!!!!!!!!!!! then chk both rad hoses make sure they are both hot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok did that still having the same problem the bike is only overheating at idle when ridding it, it is fine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleaned it again all good there i checked the rad hoses and only one was getting hot

·
9,800 Posts
That engine has a bleeder screw on top of the thermostat housing to help purge air from the system so don't forget to get the air out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are both getting hot now and yes I bled it and changed the thermostat

·
Registered
2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
7 Posts
If any air is in the system, it could cause it to overheat (overheating can warp the head) bleed the water pump w/ the screw on the pump housing- I flushed my 2002 3 times w/ Royal Purple flush, ran water thru it all 3 times , make sure the hole in the thermostat is on the top side. if you can "see" water circulating in the system, the impeller should be good, the cooling system has many spaces that if not all the air is removed- it will cause overheating. I change my thermostat every year, Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok thx for all the responses it was actually that my radiator wouldn’t fill all the way up cause of how the relocation kit was put on

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
We are not psychics - were we supposed to assume it had a radiator relocate because nobody would think of running one without it? All you had to do was describe exactly what your setup was or attach a pic so we could make suggestions based on the configuration.

If I connect a Mack truck radiator to my 400 Sportsman and put it on a trailer behind the quad an it overheats, what would you suggest I do to alleviate the problem? Put coolant in it?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi, I have a 2017 polaris sportsman 570 that is overheating it has a snorkel relocation kit on it and haven’t had any issues till now. The fan kicks on around 199 degrees but the temps true just keeps going up. If anyone has any advice i would really appreciate and would like to know what the running temperature should be thanks.
He did say in original post it had relocation kit. It was 15 days ago though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts