Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2 was manufactured without a bearing in the rear end... They are replacing the entire rear end at no charge! Still has a month of 6 month warranty.

The ATV has 10 hrs on it... Polaris Tech was shocked that it was able to be driven off the lot let alone 10 hrs.

I feel like I purchased a Brand New ATV but now I have a refurbished one!

I'm I thinking about this correctly? Is it going to come back scratched up??Can or should Polaris replace this one with a new one?

Here is a pic

And now at the dealer:

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
You dont get a new vehicle if you hsve a major warranty repair, you are getting a new rear end, itll be fine. It it gets scratched up, thsts between you and the dealer.

Ask them about extending the warranty, you should get that for your troubles. Also, ask if any metal shavings are in the trans/rear diff fluid when they drain it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I feel for ya, I really do.
Let us know on how things work out.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Sucks you got another factory phuck up but as mentioned, a part of the machine.broke..you will never get a new machine becuase of A part. Think of any friends/family with new cars and trucks that must go back due to broke this or that....fact is, shit happens.

Anything gets messed up while in their possesion...scratches, thats on them to make right. Are you going to sue a trail owner if a branch scratches your plastic and renders it visually flawed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the ATV had been used I would feel different but 10 hrs and one Turkey camp and it looks like that is a little hard to swallow...There should be something that if a severe mechanical (not do to abuse) failure happens before the first oil change they replace or refund something.... it doesn't look new in 50 different pieces... I'm sick over it ... and now I feel like I have to buy an extended warranty!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If It's bothering you, and it sounds like it is, call a lawyer and get their advice.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm confused... it had a defect and they are fixing it.... and you are upset?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea they didn't give the machine away!

I paid for a brand new machine not a refurbished one! It only has 10 hrs on it!

So when you pay for a brand new machine and it has been tore down like not even 6 months old that let me know if your still confused!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought a Tacoma, new , that had a bad motor. I complained for 35,000 miles as it got louder and louder. Almost had to strangle the dealer before they would fix it. They were hoping it wouldn't blow up before the 36,000 mile warrantee ran out. $hit happens, but if the dealer fixes it you really can't complain. Feel for you though, it sucks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hydrex,

Your right it sucks and I realize its put together by humans... but it would've been nice if Polaris would have exchanged or at the very least extended the warranty... They only had sales of 4.7 BILLION dollars!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I dont see the issue here, they are putting a new rear diff in it, good as new again. Your USED atv has a new rear diff.

Polaris lack of QA is no shock. They have a lot to learn. As long as they dominate sales, they dont care.

Reminds me of Chinamart..

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Lol, shit like this happens all the time with trucks, cars, sleds, boats...you name it somebody has gotten the short straw. Fact is theyre fixing it, like they do with millions of other mechanical items assembled on an assembly line where something is missed.

Anybody would be pissed, but expecting a new machine out of this or thinking yours is in some way "refurbished" is laughable. A component broke, its getting replaced...the down time stinks, but if this is the worst that you will have happen in the long list of polaris problems, your going to be ahead of the game.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its not like they took two bolts off and replaced a part and put two bolts back on.... and its fixed! Its in a lot of different pieces!

Kinda like no one wants a car after its been wrecked.. this ATV is in a wreck!

BTW, a part didn't fail it was never put in....

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
Lmfao...theyre swapping out the rear diff is all, but to gain access to remove it you have to pull all the plastic off the back for easier access.

Jeezus, if removing plastic to work on them is totaled, mines been totaled ALOT when ive upgraded/added shit, fixed factory screw ups, tear it down for a post summer fun, clean out every knook and craney....guess i learn something new everyday..removing plastic equals totaled machine/wrecked machine.

Is it just a minor fender bender then when you have to remove a section of the skid plate to remove the oil filter? Oh my...whats a guy to do lmmfao.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just my first ATV -- these aren't something I work on or know a lot about.... if you need your heart fixed call me! lol

I put about $12,000 into this with accessories and a trailer less than 6 months ago --- Just a little disappointed. I am just a little particular about things ... kinda have to be with my job!

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
If you have high expectations from polaris you better be a drinkin man to help console you. Ive long accepted the fact polaris and their dealers stink, they run the market and its just mass production and sales...they lose you, theres two others who will take your place.

Take your percieved emotions out of the equation and look at it rationally
1. Your machine was shipped out missing a bearings in the rear diff
2. You took it back to dealer who is replacing the entire rear diff with a new unit under warranty at no cost to you other than downtime
3. Rest of machine is still as it was when you took it in, minus getting things out of the way to access bad component
4. Everything will be put back on and visually, ride wise you will be none the wiser it was ever taken apart

I understand being upset...but being upset and losing rational is comedic, esspecially for something as minor of a fix as this is....that pile of plastic isnt squat..looks worse than it is, but thats only about 15minutes to strip it to that point.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I would be upset too but Polaris will not replace your machine because of that,thank God it fell apart before the warranty ran out, get it back fixed up and enjoy it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd be disappointed because it would be down time that I could have possibly spent riding but that's the risk you take in buying anything at least they're honoring their warranty and your atv is getting fixed, they reinstall everything and you wont ever know it was tore apart no big deal

1 - 20 of 39 Posts