Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi There everyone!
I am just starting to look at possibly getting an ATV, and I really like the Sportsman 570EFI, but after doing some research, I found that some people have some problems with axles.
Are the axles bad?
At the most I would put 26" Zillas on it if I do buy one.
Where I would ride is fairly muddy, but not swamp, and around a foot deep (give or take a few inches), and not that really sticky goopy mud, just well... mud.
Any help is Appreciated,
Thanks, Simon

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If you are smart enough to not WOT it thru mud, then hit hard ground while spinning the wheels, you WON'T break axles.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I run 26 inch tires and don't worry. It just takes common sense. 850xp axles can break doing the same thing these guys were

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So basically, If I slow down through puddles, and and don't drive like a maniac I won't break axles?
Just out of curiosity, I am assuming the axles will break on any other ATV if you spin the tires through mud and they catch on hard ground?

·
Registered
815 Posts
So basically, If I slow down through puddles, and and don't drive like a maniac I won't break axles?
Just out of curiosity, I am assuming the axles will break on any other ATV if you spin the tires through mud and they catch on hard ground?
More or less. Catching a stump, rock, log, anything with a lot of throttle and wheel spin that would suddenly stop the tire. I can load up the clutch and wheelie my quad all day and not worry about breaks. Power slides aren't a worry either because there is a forward motion of the atv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts