Brake switch correlation fault.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,135 Posts
Text Photograph Colorfulness Line Font
to the party
Yellow Green Text Photograph Pattern

Your question is in the que and will be answered by the next available forum member

Reactions: GKWenceslas

·
Premium Member
13,348 Posts
From what I understand it could be bad gas to over revving the engine in "L". Were you riding hard and hitting the rev limiter in "L"??

·
Premium Member
13,348 Posts
Fresh fuel and disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to try and clear the code. Dont over rev the engine in low. Hopefully that does it.

·
Premium Member
13,348 Posts
By disconnecting the battery the purpose is the reset the computer and hopefully clear the engine code.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2022 has this code right after I let my sister ride it around the property. She was not over revving, fuel is good but regular octane of 87 with 10% corn. Disappointed the dealer would NOT reveal the code to me when I called them!? I'm not even to my 25 hour fluid change, it's running normally so I'm just leaving the code on until I take it in for the 25 hour. How did you get access to the codes Bp405 out of curiosity? Not sure I care for a dealer who isn't working with a new cash buyer. And I have a general on order so you would think they would work with their customers? My dealer is an hour away I'm in rural western Montana, so a bit inconvenient to trailer it haul it in, to have you turn off an errant code? Not too happy about a new machine error code or a dealer not willing to share information.

·
Premium Member
13,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
2,375 Posts
Well that code just sucks, I didn’t find any info on fixing it. On a Razor forum one guy stated replacing stale gas fixed it, which makes no sense on a brake correlation error.

·
Registered
New Sportsman 570
8 Posts
Hello, new to the forum...same code on a machine with 4 hours on it. Brought it home, unloaded it off the trailer, and boom...there is the check engine light. Checked the oil, and it was low so I added some polaris oil to it. Check engine light was still on. (not too happy about the thing being handed over to me with low oil in the first place). Dealer drove 1.5 hours to come pick it up and fix it. Turns out it was the brake error. They said I may have had my foot on the brake while driving it....I didn't.
I drove 1.5 hours each way to go pick it up on Friday from the dealer...unloaded it. Rode the thing around for about 20 minutes, and again, same code. 520 285. wtf? Of course the dealer is closed at noon on saturday and doesnt open again until Monday. This may become a bit tough for them to convince me not to just return it and take my money elsewhere right now.
Any advice besides call the dealer again on Monday?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
10,135 Posts
Hello, new to the forum...same code on a machine with 4 hours on it. Brought it home, unloaded it off the trailer, and boom...there is the check engine light. Checked the oil, and it was low so I added some polaris oil to it. Check engine light was still on. (not too happy about the thing being handed over to me with low oil in the first place). Dealer drove 1.5 hours to come pick it up and fix it. Turns out it was the brake error. They said I may have had my foot on the brake while driving it....I didn't.
I drove 1.5 hours each way to go pick it up on Friday from the dealer...unloaded it. Rode the thing around for about 20 minutes, and again, same code. 520 285. wtf? Of course the dealer is closed at noon on saturday and doesnt open again until Monday. This may become a bit tough for them to convince me not to just return it and take my money elsewhere right now.
Any advice besides call the dealer again on Monday?
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
New Sportsman 570
8 Posts
Thank you, I will give it a try in the morning. Are these things so sensitive that you can't use the brake and throttle at the same time? ...not neccessarily at intentionally, but just a tap here and there. My Polaris/Victory CC bike isn't that picky.

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
2,375 Posts
Thank you, I will give it a try in the morning. Are these things so sensitive that you can't use the brake and throttle at the same time? ...not neccessarily at intentionally, but just a tap here and there. My Polaris/Victory CC bike isn't that picky.
No it should not be that sensitive, I can’t say for sure if newer models have a slightly different ECM programming, I can run my ‘19 850 with throttle and brake all I want with no error codes ever. I’m wondering if an ECM reflash will permanently fix your error. I’d ask the dealer and notify Polaris.

·
13,782 Posts
Yeah, I'm just throwing things out there lol. I've got a fly by wire 2018 1k and never had the problem. Could be something about riding style maybe. I've seen threads in the past that you may look up to see if they found a cure. It just seems there's been a rash of them last few days with 22 model machines so something is up.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts