Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2016 Polaris Sportsmans 1000 XP that I want to make into the high lifter edition. Maybe if not high lifter, I want to at least put some big A$$ tires on it, and bring it up a little bit.

Let me know what's needed.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I'd bet by the time you add a lift, tires, snorkels, rad relocate, clutch kit, etc. you could probably trade in for a true highlifter edition for about the same coin...and that's assuming you'd do everything yourself....and you still wont have the gear reduction or the front bumper/winch combo the highlifter has. I also think the highlifters have the HL Outlaw axles on them...that's gonna all add up to a lot of $$$

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd bet by the time you add a lift, tires, snorkels, rad relocate, clutch kit, etc. you could probably trade in for a true highlifter edition for about the same coin...and that's assuming you'd do everything yourself....and you still wont have the gear reduction or the front bumper/winch combo the highlifter has. I also think the highlifters have the HL Outlaw axles on them...that's gonna all add up to a lot of $$$
I just want to be able to get through some good mud and not worry about getting stuck. STOCK sucks lol . So what is the biggest tires and rims i can put on the stock suspension?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
They dont have outlaw axles.

Just get a clutch kit and throw some 29.5" outlaw 2s.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
They dont have outlaw axles.

Just get a clutch kit and throw some 29.5" outlaw 2s.
Cool I'm going to take your advice...I like my stock rims now, do I have to change them to get the 29.5" outlaw 2s to fit?
Stock rims are fine.
29/30s are max for no lift. Will need to max out the preloads and maybe put HD springs on.
I would get a pinion cover from Polaris Scrambler 850 and 1000 billet pinion cover ? HD ATV Gear
And prob some rhino front axles minimum.
A QSC clutch kit will keep you from roasting belts.

If you have $3-4K to play with then a 5-6in lift and axles will bring you to the next lvl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts