Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my first ATV, Sportsman 850 SP and I wanted a good storage box when we start trail riding this year. I purchased the New 2020 Lock and Ride Cargo Box. Polaris states in there Sportsman 2020 Brochure that this box will fit 2 Full Size Helmets.
I purchased a Helmet with visor with my new ATV and tried to put it in and that was impossible, even with the visor off only one helmet “just” fit and that’s by putting the front of the helmet under the shelf on the right side. And I mean it just fits and it’s not easy to get the helmet in or out without scraping the sides of the helmet.
What is Polaris’s idea of 2 full size helmets, because I’m not seeing anyway to get 2 full size helmets in this box.
The box is made very well, very heavy duty and the attaching and releasing is great.
Most likely I’m going to keep it but disappointed, I bought it based on Polaris saying it will fit 2 Full Sized Helmets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently purchased my first ATV, Sportsman 850 SP and I wanted a good storage box when we start trail riding this year. I purchased the New 2020 Lock and Ride Cargo Box. Polaris states in there Sportsman 2020 Brochure that this box will fit 2 Full Size Helmets.
I purchased a Helmet with visor with my new ATV and tried to put it in and that was impossible, even with the visor off only one helmet “just” fit and that’s by putting the front of the helmet under the shelf on the right side. And I mean it just fits and it’s not easy to get the helmet in or out without scraping the sides of the helmet.
What is Polaris’s idea of 2 full size helmets, because I’m not seeing anyway to get 2 full size helmets in this box.
The box is made very well, very heavy duty and the attaching and releasing is great.
Most likely I’m going to keep it but disappointed, I bought it based on Polaris saying it will fit 2 Full Sized Helmets.

You can look at this site atvbox.eu

·
Registered
93 Posts
My guess is their idea of full size helmets are the helmets with any kind of face guard on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the size of the helmet with protection. I can take the measurements tomorrow. In General, two helmets are placed in this trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I can fit 2 size XXXXL full face helmets in mine with no problem and close the lid with ease, along with many other items.........This is the new style Polaris OEM Lock N Ride box
rear.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can fit 2 size XXXXL full face helmets in mine with no problem and close the lid with ease, along with many other items.........This is the new style Polaris OEM Lock N Ride box View attachment 136864
This looks just like the one I bought, but this is a 2020 model. Maybe they redesigned it??
Can you show the helmets inside? Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a different storage box than I do for your 2up bike. Here is a link to the Polaris box I have. Mine is for a 2019 850 SP

I don’t have the 2up 850 SP, it look like the same box. My dealer said that for some reason Polaris changed the part number for 2020. Is it possible they slightly changed the design?
Could you send a picture with both helmets inside?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Otter, The storage box in my picture is different from the storage box in the picture you posted, they are not the same. The picture you have posted is indeed a two up machine. Is the picture you posted not your machine? If you look at the link I sent you you can see a complete picture of the box I have. When I get home I will send you a picture of the box with helmets in it. I have a large noggin my helmet is 4XL in size, full face, they fit with no problem.

Many frequent posters on this sight have seen me put the helmets in and close the lid, when we stop for refreshments.
As a matter of fact they also have the same box that I do.

Stave, chime in please.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have a different storage box than I do for your 2up bike. Here is a link to the Polaris box I have. Mine is for a 2019 850 SP

/?
[/URL]
I don’t have the 2up 850 SP, it look like the same box. My dealer said that for some reason Polaris changed the part number for 2020. Is it possible they slightly changed the design?
Could you send a picture with both helmets inside?
tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=319190711912&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10491279297755963370&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018790&hvtargid=aud-801738734305:pla-630875987657&psc=1[/URL]
Otter, The storage box in my picture is different from the storage box in the picture you posted, they are not the same. The picture you have posted is indeed a two up machine. Is the picture you posted not your machine? If you look at the link I sent you you can see a complete picture of the box I have. When I get home I will send you a picture of the box with helmets in it. I have a large noggin my helmet is 4XL in size, full face, they fit with no problem.

Many frequent posters on this sight have seen me put the helmets in and close the lid, when we stop for refreshments.
As a matter of fact they also have the same box that I do.

Stave, chime in please.......

The 2up posted on top was not my Polaris, that was another person replying with a link to view cargo boxes.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Otter, My bad..... Yep I see that now... can you post a picture of the box you purchased?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I got home way too late last night to get pictures sorry. Looking at your box as I suspected that is a different box my helmet fit in the skinny part of your box I’ll try tonight to get a picture

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Otter, My bad..... Yep I see that now... can you post a picture of the box you purchased?
I got home way too late last night to get pictures sorry. Looking at your box as I suspected that is a different box my helmet fit in the skinny part of your box I’ll try tonight to get a picture
If I think of it tonight i will take pictures of my cargo box, the pictures above are of someone showing me his 2 up box. I having posted any pictures.

Does Polaris have a Rep that chimes in on any of these messages

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
box.jpg

in box.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I only have one helmet at home, but it holds two with the lid closed no problem

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Otter, yep same box I have. I see the registration plate are you a cheese head? We have a trip planned to Hatfield McCoy Trails in W Virginia the last week of March.....You Interested?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts