Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new 2008 sportsman 800 with polaris track drive. Any one using this track drive, any issues, etc?
I have not driven a ATV, any pointers?
I will be using it to groom a XC ski trail, pulling different pieces of equipment at slow speeds, 5-10 mph.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
176 Posts
hi

Im not sure how much you know about atvs, but do you want riding pointers? operation? mantainance? the first thing i can say is if you are traveling at lower speeds than 14mph. you will want to be in LOW gear to avoid burning the belt. what will you be pulling?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was planning on using low gear, the snowmobils we use now to groom XC ski trails we always run in low gear. We pull 7' packing rollers in 2"-12" of powder, the rollers are lite weight and easy to pull, track setter also fairly easy. The Yellowstone drag is the hardest to pull. It has a series of teeth that we drop into packed snow to level and groom the trails with and is heavier in weight.
I have no experince with ATV's, any riding, operation,maintainence pointers would be helpful.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well what i can tell you right off the start is make sure to read you owners manual front to back. It will give you basic information on riding, maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustments, cautions, operation, and it probly have an maintenance log too. Is your mashine new or used? Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts