Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1992 trail boss 350L. Recently had issue with the quad starting. I’ve checked voltage from battery to solenoid to starter, was getting no voltage through old solenoid so have changed this for a new one. I’ve just realised my green nuteral light at front no longer illuminates but the 4x4 light and reverse light etc all work. I’m getting no response when I push my start button what so ever. Pretty new to fixing things myself so any help is appreciated! Also any further info needed please ask and I can inform! Hope this is enough to get some ideas of what’s wrong! Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,613 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

Reactions: Mccabe67

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
One problem at a time: first getting the electric starter to run - using a jumper wire, go from the pos side of the battery to the small wht/red wire on the solenoid - the solenoid should close and the starter motor run. If this works, than we need to find why the starter button is not working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One problem at a time: first getting the electric starter to run - using a jumper wire, go from the pos side of the battery to the small wht/red wire on the solenoid - the solenoid should close and the starter motor run. If this works, than we need to find why the starter button is not working.
thanks for the reply! I have tested this and button is now working and solenoid is clicking when it’s pressed, checked voltage at the starter underneath and I’m getting 12v but the starter doesn’t seem to be kicking in, would this suggest a faulty starter?

thanks again

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
thanks for the reply! I have tested this and button is now working and solenoid is clicking when it’s pressed, checked voltage at the starter underneath and I’m getting 12v but the starter doesn’t seem to be kicking in, would this suggest a faulty starter?

thanks again
Yes - if you connect the pos side of a battery to the starter terminal and connect neg to ground and the starter motor does not run, it is a faulty starter motor.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
8,613 Posts
Yes - if you connect the pos side of a battery to the starter terminal and connect neg to ground and the starter motor does not run, it is a faulty starter motor.
Or a broken ground cable from battery to frame

Reactions: Mccabe67

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem atall I’ll double check this again tomorrow and if no joy I’ll order up a new starter!

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
Let me be more specific: Yes - if you connect the pos side of a battery to the starter terminal and connect the neg of the same battery to ground and the starter motor does not run, it is a faulty starter motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me be more specific: Yes - if you connect the pos side of a battery to the starter terminal and connect the neg of the same battery to ground and the starter motor does not run, it is a faulty starter motor.
Ahh, understood! Again I’m just starting out fixing things on the quad myself so appreciate the help and patience! Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts