Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up this 250 quad TB. a few months back,

it rode fine for a while its not electric start but it takes a key and im not sure what year it is, or even how to find what year it may be.

when i first got it i accidentley mixed the gas and poured it straight in, instead of putting the 2stroke mix in the one side, and the gas in the other
( it mixes itself )

i think this may be the problem, but when i turn the key and pull the cord there is wayy too much tension on the line, like the motor is seized or something?

im thinkin i may have ruined the seals/gaskets around the engine, and thats why its so hard to pull.

there is almost no way to pull it after it goes so far and i dont want to keep pulling so hard on it, and break something.

can anyone help/know or heard of this problem before?

have i ruined the seals inside and just need to replace them or is there something more sinister going on here...

thanks for any assistance

i think this may be part of the problem,

i believe i poured the wrong kind of oil in the mix part of the gas/mix storage.

instead of putting 2stroke mix, i think i put actual engine oil.

could this cause the motor to seize? or is there anyway to fix what i've done

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
I was reading through this, and was thinking there could be a handful of different things going one. I then I got to the part that said you put normal 4stroke oil in instead of the 2stroke oil.

I assume you mixed 4stroke oil in with the gas, and ran it like that? Was the oil tank dry? Or did it have 2 stroke oil in there?

If you were running it premixed with 4strok oil, you very veryl likely siezed up the motor, and will need to rebuild at least the top end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i actually did,

was put 2stroke engine oil, ( not 2stroke gas mix )

in with the actual 2stroke gas mix. it has 2 tanks one for 2stroke mix, one for regular gas, and it mixes itself.

i didnt use 4stroke oil, just accidently used 2stroke engine lubricant, in with the 2stroke fuel mix.

i didnt pour much in i kinda realized my epic fail soon after but now im stuck with it like that.

anymore advice?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:guitar:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks much!

hey can u help me out?

2 of my posts are missing?