Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two 2007 trailboss 330's both having the same problems. They have been sitting for a while with the fuel switch on (I know, shame on me). At first they didn't run at all.... I drained the fuel from both but am not sure if I got all the fuel out. I changed the spark plugs, replaced the batteries, refilled gas tanks with fresh fuel and B-12, and cleaned one of the carbs which was pretty clogged up (planning to clean the other). After doing all that I got them to run but they will not idle without throttle. It doesn't take a lot of throttle to keep it running but once you let it go they die. Even after cleaning out that carb it still seems like its not getting enough fuel at idle. Not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions to get these running right again? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Woody!
I had a similar problem with my trailboss as well... you may want to check your choke cable, sounds like it may need an adjustment. If yours is like mine, you have a screw type cable with a locking nut try unscrewing the locknut then tightening the screw in cable 1 full turn and then tighten the locknut back down and see if you have made any progress... hope this helps!

Also Im not sure what B12 is, but I know seafoam works wonders for the whole engine if it has been sitting or if youre getting ready to store it and it will clean your system out in case its something minute.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know on my 2001 Trailboss there is an idle adjustment screw that you can turn by hand and is accessible without removing anything on the left side of the machine... might be worth working it a 1/4 turn at a time to see if it helps...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was having problems with idle and warm starts on our 09 Trail Boss. Not sure if the 07s have the same carb but here's what I was dealing with:

After I had cleaned the carb, I wasn't aware of all of the pieces in the lid. Inside of the lid (4) is a little nipple that the spring (6) is supposed to rest on. You have to peel back the rubber diaphragm (7) to make sure the spring is properly seated. Also the needle (30) can get dislodged and placed improperly into the diaphragm slide. When properly assembled, the needle (30) should align with and fall into the jet (11).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts