Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read somewhere on the internet that if your warning decals/labels are damaged or missing that you can contact your Polaris dealership and they can supply those at no charge, does anyone know if this true?

Funny some people would care less, because some will de-badge a ATV of said warning decals anyway. I kind of like keeping my ATV's in fairly close to factory stock condition. I have two warning decals on my 08 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO that need replaced now.

Tony

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Don't know about the FREE part, but all the decals except for 3 are still listed as available - if you ordered the required quantity of every decal, it would cost a little over $121 - cant do anything about the discontinued ones

·
9,264 Posts
The FIRST thing I do is get those ugly stickers off any machine I have. Don't know why you'd want to put them back on?? The ONLY reason they are put on to start with is because of manufacturer liability. I had them ALL off my new 2018 Sportsman 1000 within 30 minutes of getting it home.
Do you leave the stickers on your new refrigerator, TV or washer? :gruebel:

·
Registered
259 Posts
The FIRST thing I do is get those ugly stickers off any machine I have. Don't know why you'd want to put them back on?? The ONLY reason they are put on to start with is because of manufacturer liability. I had them ALL off my new 2018 Sportsman 1000 within 30 minutes of getting it home.
Good point! I will start removing the stickers from the fridge tonight!!!! The one on the TV screen has always created a blind spot.

Do you use a heat gun or chemicals to get off the glue without messing up the paint?

D

·
9,264 Posts
Good point! I will start removing the stickers from the fridge tonight!!!! The one on the TV screen has always created a blind spot.

Do you use a heat gun or chemicals to get off the glue without messing up the paint?

D
When warm you usually don't need anything other than something like a plastic spatula or putty knife or a fingernail to get a corner started and then peel. If they're hardened and stubborn, a heat gun or hair dryer (not much) to soften them a little and they should peel right off. They come off real easy when new. After they get old and hard it takes a little more effort sometimes but they'll still peel off. Use some Goo Gone on a soft rag to get any residual adhesive off.
I'm not sure if it'll work on the fridge and TV but it should lol. :grin

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've always heater the backside of the plastic if possible,.. it releases the glue bond instead of heating the decal and having it tear. Heating either works,.. but as mentioned the older the decals the more difficult it can be.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
My refrigerator must have at least 1000 more stickers on it than when it was new - can't hardly even find the energy star efficiency label for all the damn stickers - if it weren't for grand kids, my refrigerator might not be disguised as a trash can. :grin

·
9,264 Posts
My refrigerator must have at least 1000 more stickers on it than when it was new - can't hardly even find the energy star efficiency label for all the damn stickers - if it weren't for grand kids, my refrigerator might not be disguised as a trash can. :grin
LOL... Yep, my fridge has become the bulletin board for grandkid art. The 5 year-old basically learned to count and spell with the magnetic letters/numbers set I got him a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha,ha, those warning stickers really don't bother me being on the ATV. What's bugging me is this one warning label on the fuel tank that's all messed up to where I can't read the warning, it's a fairly lengthy warning. I guess over spill gas got to it from previous owner. I'll have to look it up to know what it says now.:wink

Actually the energy saver yellow sticker is still on my hot water heater in the closet,but I have to admit I did remove that under federal law do not remove label off our bed mattress, some times I like being a bad boy. :grin

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
Why does hot water need heating?

All the stickers are still on all my machines unless they fell off or got worn off. Mostly because I am too lazy to remove them. They are not in the way and don't stop me from riding.....

·
Registered
219 Posts

I have not taken the stickers off yet. But by the time I got the bike home from the dealer (A new ATV) I had 300 miles on my 2018 850 Sportsman. Me; I'd sooner spend my time riding than caring about a few decals.

·
9,264 Posts

I have not taken the stickers off yet. But by the time I got the bike home from the dealer (A new ATV) I had 300 miles on my 2018 850 Sportsman. Me; I'd sooner spend my time riding than caring about a few decals.
Well now they don't allow ATVs on the main highway around here PoPo like they do where you live or I'd have had a couple hundred miles on it and the stickers would've been BLOWN off by the time I got it home. :grin

·
Registered
219 Posts

Well now they don't allow ATVs on the main highway around here PoPo like they do where you live or I'd have had a couple hundred miles on it and the stickers would've been BLOWN off by the time I got it home. :grin

Colorado also does not allow ATV's on the roads.

Most of that riding was done in the backcountry

Some people talk about riding and then there are those that RIDE

The over the hill gang is going for a ride this 4th of July. The younest rider is over 64 if I'm right. I will leave on Monday. If we do not get at

least 200 miles will consider it a wasted trip. Hopping for more like 300; But then 400 would keep all of us HAPPY :grin

·
9,264 Posts

The over the hill gang is going for a ride this 4th of July. The younest rider is over 64 if I'm right. I will leave on Monday. If we do not get at

least 200 miles will consider it a wasted trip. Hopping for more like 300; But then 400 would keep all of us HAPPY :grin
That sounds about like our crew PoPo. Out of our usual bunch, the "baby" in the crowd is around 58 I think lol. We used to have a few youngsters (30-40 year-olds) that went with us occasionally but they always complained that us old guys rode too hard/went too far. You've got more open spaces out there than we do here in the Eastern mountains but we generally cover around 120-130 miles a day on average.
Where's the OTH gang headed to the 4th?
If all goes to plan four of us will be out in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks. I sure hope they get some of the high country passes and trails opened up by then. We love coming out to the big mountains every year.

·
Registered
219 Posts

That sounds about like our crew PoPo. Out of our usual bunch, the "baby" in the crowd is around 58 I think lol. We used to have a few youngsters (30-40 year-olds) that went with us occasionally but they always complained that us old guys rode too hard/went too far. You've got more open spaces out there than we do here in the Eastern mountains but we generally cover around 120-130 miles a day on average.
If all goes to plan four of us will be out in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks. I sure hope they get some of the high country passes and trails opened up by then. We love coming out to the big mountains every year.

20 + years ago we tried riding with one of the Denver ATV clubs, but there idea of riding was to keep within 10 miles of camp and drinking beer. We don't travel 200 miles to set in camp and drink beer, can set on our own porch and do that. This 4th will be going to a place 15 miles north of Saguache along SR 114.
One of the places Out of Stater like is Taylor Park Reservoir but that part of the country had so much snow the good riding high country may not lose its snow this year. In fact 2 of the ski resorts plan to stay open for the 4th and one may stay open till August.
The last 20 years we have been doing more riding in Utah. The state in MUCH MUCH more ATV-friendly. Too many tree huggers here in CO any more. :eek

·
9,264 Posts

20 + years ago we tried riding with one of the Denver ATV clubs, but there idea of riding was to keep within 10 miles of camp and drinking beer. We don't travel 200 miles to set in camp and drink beer, can set on our own porch and do that. This 4th will be going to a place 15 miles north of Saguache along SR 114.
One of the places Out of Stater like is Taylor Park Reservoir but that part of the country had so much snow the good riding high country may not lose its snow this year. In fact 2 of the ski resorts plan to stay open for the 4th and one may stay open till August.
The last 20 years we have been doing more riding in Utah. The state in MUCH MUCH more ATV-friendly. Too many tree huggers here in CO any more. :eek
LOL... Yeah, we travel about 1200 miles one-way to get out there so we won't be sitting around camp drinking beer other than maybe late in the evening while we watch a big thick home-grown T-bone sizzle. :grin

·
Registered
219 Posts

LOL... Yeah, we travel about 1200 miles one-way to get out there so we won't be sitting around camp drinking beer other than maybe late in the evening while we watch a big thick home-grown T-bone sizzle. :grin

Right on brother. That is what ATVing is all about. Kick back after a good days ride; Down a few with a good meal. :big-grin

Monday morning will head out for the 4th ATV ride. Oh, how nice it is to be retired and be able to make a week out of a one day holiday.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I did find out what that warning sticker is on top of my fuel tank that's all messed up that you can't read. Looking up on parts fiche it just says Decal WARN.OVERRIDE/4x4 SWITCH for the description on the parts list to order it. So it has something to do with override and 4x4 what ever that means.

Tony

·
9,264 Posts

Right on brother. That is what ATVing is all about. Kick back after a good days ride; Down a few with a good meal. :big-grin

Monday morning will head out for the 4th ATV ride. Oh, how nice it is to be retired and be able to make a week out of a one day holiday.
I hear ya. You gonna let Bob go with you?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Well I did find out what that warning sticker is on top of my fuel tank that's all messed up that you can't read. Looking up on parts fiche it just says Decal WARN.OVERRIDE/4x4 SWITCH for the description on the parts list to order it. So it has something to do with override and 4x4 what ever that means.

Tony

It says....... "DO NOT ENGAGE 4X4 WHEN REAR WHEELS ARE SPINNING"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts