Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Polaris 550 X2. The 2500# winch that was on it has come apart. Polaris does not list any internal parts according to my dealer. I just have a part #2878394 P2 for the winch. Can anyone tell me who manufactured this winch for Polaris? I would like to find a gear set and free spool end cap for it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think it may be Warn.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a winch Polaris 2500lb winch I got from a dealer back in 2007. Warn made it. Not sure if that's the case for yours but might be.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not to be "that guy" but I'm willing to bet you can replace the entire winch for around the same cost as buying parts and fixing yours.

The Harbor Freight Badlands winches are really inexpensive, and get a lot of good reviews.

The Superwinch LT series is also pretty inexpensive, I got my LT3000 from Amazon for $115.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellows, For now I have picked up a Harbor Freight Badlands 3500 to get me plowing snow again. Bolted right in with no alterations. Still would like to fix the original for a spare. Looks like the same thing as the Badlands or really close.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You can get parts for the winch. My motor on my 3500 winch grenades a few weeks back. I did find a breakdown, but the motor was $119. I bought a new winch from Milemarker for $230

1 - 6 of 6 Posts