Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Polaris is the way to go. Easy mount, and plug and play. Polaris has the handle bar mount that is oem and fits nice and snug. If I could do it again, I'd buy the OEM winch. Although for about $140 on Amazon you can have a winch and mount. All depends on your budget and preference of installation look. I'd recommend a snatch block to carry around as well. I believe the winches power are estimated with a snatch block, and cut in about 1/2 without one. FYI - I have a cheap Amazon 2500 winch that hasn't failed me yet. Even pulled out my buddies Polaris two seater side by side.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have the OEM 2500. I got a deal on it when I bought my 570 new. I knew at the time I was going to buy a plow so I wanted a winch and I didn't want to deal with wirining aftermarket brackets etc. The 570 is pre wired for the winch so installation was 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly. You'll have to get answers from someone else as far has using it to pull a stuck atv as I haven't had to do anything like that.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Its a sufficient sized winch. As mentioned they have the switch wire ready to be pluged right into their switch. The power wires from the battery to the contactor are just power wires that all winches use. I'm going to be putting a Warn on our 570 come spring. All that said the Polaris winches are a nice set up.

·
Vendor
396 Posts
To my knowledge, there are no winches fully made in the USA any longer. We do have our VIPER ELITE options with premium wireless remote and USA-made AMSTEEL-BLUE synthetic cable available that are well priced compared to Polaris if you are interested. We also have some sub-$200 VIPER winches that are still TS16949 certified with military grade materials as well.

Most important is to be working with a legitimate American manufacturing company and not some reseller of Chinese branded winches IMO.

Good luck in your choices!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just found the Polaris HD 3500 Winch with synt tic line for right under $250. Brand new part: 2880434. Saw a few around $389 and then saw this a damaged box unit with all parts. I guess the luck of the draw. I looked at many others, and actually really like the Warn. But like having the OEM Switch better without having to pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To my knowledge, there are no winches fully made in the USA any longer. We do have our VIPER ELITE options with premium wireless remote and USA-made AMSTEEL-BLUE synthetic cable available that are well priced compared to Polaris if you are interested. We also have some sub-$200 VIPER winches that are still TS16949 certified with military grade materials as well.

Most important is to be working with a legitimate American manufacturing company and not some reseller of Chinese branded winches IMO.

Good luck in your choices!

There are very few.. if I remember correctly superwinch makes one as well as does warn. Very expensive winches for a atv. These are their most upper models all others are mad eyes in China and some designed in USA.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed a superwinch A3500 on my 2018 sportsman 570. Had to buy the kolpin mounting plate...took 2 hrs to install and wire up..saved $400 bucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts