Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Polaris Wireless Winch Remote for a couple of years now, and it has worked pretty well. I went to use it the other day and I noticed that the little red light wasn't working. Pretty soon the remote didn't work at all. I figured that the battery probably had crapped out so I bought a new battery and put it in, and it's still dead in the water. I tried another battery and still nothing. I have looked around on the internet, and can't seem to find a replacement for just the remote control. Surely they sell replacements? Does anyone know how to get one?:motz:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know this is an old thread but its my same question. lost my wireless remote on the trail. seems like the only thing you can do is buy the whole kit for $135.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was thinking about getting one of these. Is it worth it? My stock winch solenoid went out and I was hoping this would replace it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's the one I have the problem is I've lost the remote fob. It makes no since to have to buy the whole kit again. The box is already wired up I just need the switch. I spoke to the dealer and Polaris no help at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Surely I'm not the only one to lose they.re remote control and had to replace it.:shocked1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Theory This Should Work

1) verify that the remote is really bad, lots of instructions have the light coming on after pressing the power button for 3 seconds. Not the case with mine, you press the power button for 3 secs and then pressing either of the other 2 buttons to make the light come on.
2) In theory, this remote should work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Extreme-Ma...838162&hash=item285b7d648e:g:VbgAAOSwvmNbBuHQ It is the same remote made by delta, but for a "Boat Lift Boss" or also "Extreme Max Boat Lift" remote. It is made by delta and operates on 915mhz.
3) Then you need to reprogram the base in the ATV to talk to the new remote: remove power from base receiver. power on remote. hold button on remote. apply power to base receiver. you should hear a click when it learns the new transmitter. https://usermanual.wiki/Delta-Systems/2039010

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can get a new replacement wireless winch kit on eBay for around $15. Comes with everything, brain and two remotes. Mine works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts