Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hopin to get a little help my polarus 800 sportsman ok if i take off from a dead stop its fine then when i get like 25mph or so it like the brakes are holden but its not the brakes??? Any ideas ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not in awd its not rev limitor its wanting to speed up seems like i can feel something move internaly that causes it to slow down .

·
9,866 Posts
So are you saying it physically slows down as if something is holding back like a brake?
Or it just feels like it hits a wall and won't increase in speed?
If you're sure its not a brake stuck or dragging (I'd double check) then you might need to service clutches. A broken spring or other problem with the secondary preventing up shift can keep it from accelerating on up faster.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
is there an EBS sticker on the clutch cover?? sounds like the EBS (engine brake system).

·
9,866 Posts
is there an EBS sticker on the clutch cover?? sounds like the EBS (engine brake system).
If I understand his description, it runs up normal to about 25 and then either won't go further or starts holding back... I hope he clarifies. That don't really sound like a EBS problem to me although anything is possible??

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
gotcha. im also a little confused as to the situation. I thought he was saying it kicks in at 25. so my head went to ebs and possibly a bad one way bearing.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
is this machine new to you? or have you had it and this is a new issue?

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
any odd noises?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterday i rode it around under 20mpg 30 mins no problem but i know if i go faster its like a internal brake in the gearbox (maybe)i can feel it like something moves and pulls it down it will rev up and try to go faster but i can tell thats not a good idea.
is this machine new to you? or have you had it and this is a new issue?
Iv had it its a new issue.

·
Premium Member
8,214 Posts
to me it sounds like something in the clutches to me. if the engine revs strong its clutches or tranny. jack all four wheels up and run it. pull the outer clutch cover and inspect the operation of the CVT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts