Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy just bought a poly polaris plow blade for his 570 tour . I used it today in a light 6" snow and thought it worked really well. When he was reading reviews it didnt have good reviews. It is a Oem plow that is super easy to remove n replace. The plow is about 10" on each side wider than the quad. Should a plow be the same size as the quad or is it ok to be wider? Anyone else have this plow?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It is just fine to have a plow blade that is wider than the machine. The only negative thing I have heard about the poly blade is some times it is too light and bounces around a little. Mine is 60 inches, steel and works just fine. Hopefully some one with the poly blade will chime in on this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 66" poly pro plow. Works great. I can't speak for all poly plows. But this one is plenty heavy enough. It won't ride up at all. I was worried when I bought it but turns out it makes a better windrow than my 60" provantage tapered plow did. Would buy again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The plow is about 10" on each side wider than the quad. Should a plow be the same size as the quad or is it ok to be wider
You want the blade to be wider so that when you tilt the blades, the tires don't stick out further. If they do, you will be driving through unplowed snow and pack it down so it is harder to plow.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just bought a 60" steel glacier 2 set up and love it, easy on and off and very nice handle for adjust back and forth. The Polaris poly blade is 66" and really nice for the last 10" of blade on both sides are tilted in for moving parking lot kinda snow. Very nice blade but to wide for the side walks around here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like my 66" poly blade. Easy to move around in the garage. Have done different types of snow and sometimes it will ride up on top. Just back up and hit again. Not heavy enough to pull much snow backwards though. Still saves me some shoveling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is doing a 1/4 mile long new concrete driveway. He did have some electric side by side junk calked bad boy buggy with a little 10" tall n 50" wide and he said "it kept folding over". Also on 3rd electric motor rebuild. Reality is....just not made for snow plowing. I was quite impressed with his 570 with that huge blade. Like chubby said" too wide for side walks" . I agree, but maybe you can turn it all the way to one side to do em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts