Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopped on my 570 to do some work around my place, and noticed a popping sound coming from the rear axle area. Does it mainly while making turns. Looked back there and noticed a small hole in the right CV boot. Axle feels tight though. Not sure if its the CV clicking or something in the diff. Will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Only has 6hrs on it.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you have a hole in your boot chances are they will not warranty it for you. I can hear them now saying a tore boot is not covered under Polaris warranty. The dealings i have had with the warranty department have not been good and that is why I think they suck. Sounds like a bunch of kids reading script from the same book.

Ronnie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll update with what happens. My dealer are pretty good guys. They don't have to tell Polaris that the boot was torn...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the CV popping. And as said Polaris isn't gonna warranty it cause of the hole in the boot. So I'm just gonna ride till it breaks completely then buy a new axle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Titan axles

Have the same situation on my 06 800 EFI...ordered one from Titan axles. Not sure of the quality. Anyone have experience with them? $95 and change plus free shipping. We'll see......:hmmm:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a torn boot from a ride this past weekend. Inside the boot was a retaining ring that looks to be the one keeping the ball bearings inside the axle housing. (this is the right rear axle. inner boot) If that is what it is, my guess is it didn't get seated into the recess properly from the factory. Took it to the dealer. Waiting to hear back from them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have a hole in your boot chances are they will not warranty it for you. I can hear them now saying a tore boot is not covered under Polaris warranty. The dealings i have had with the warranty department have not been good and that is why I think they suck. Sounds like a bunch of kids reading script from the same book.

Ronnie
I would agree. If you buy a Polaris I would do my home work and make sure the shop is a reputably one. Bought a new general several months ago and also was sold an extended warranty now its like I got the plague or something. Cain't get shit out of them so I'm going to file an arbitration claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts