Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I tore my front left axle up a month or so ago. i never got around to ordering a new one. Now we got the Annual Big ride this weekend.

I have the old axle out already. I cant get a new one until Monday. i was wondering if any one can foresee any damage to riding it with just the outer hub part of the axle to hold the wheel together. Basically allowing it to free ride. Although I will still have the right side fully in tact.

is there a issue with riding in 2WD? Is there a issue with riding in 4WD? Which would essentially be 3WD. I will def stay out of 4WD. I was just wondering the thoughts on the mechanics of this. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Put that outer axle in the hub and run it. Have a good weekend, and don't worry about it. It's not a differential like in a car. I wouldn't be afraid to use AWD either for some 3 wheel drive action. Just my 2 pence.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Put that outer axle in the hub and run it. Have a good weekend, and don't worry about it. It's not a differential like in a car. I wouldn't be afraid to use AWD either for some 3 wheel drive action. Just my 2 pence.
X2, that's what I would do too.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts