Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive been on the forest islands route . its a mix of sand trails thru the woods , and primative gravel roads in the woods . i am liking hte escanaba / norway/ gwinn trail . that could be a multi day exploration trip ..... lots closer than w.v.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Any idea on spring ride date ? it might become summer ride thou o_O

DNR shopping list :

Shopping Cart
(105) ORV
Valid: 04/01/2020 12:00 AM - 03/31/2021 11:59 PM
$26.25 Qty: 1

(106) ORV TRAIL
$10.00 Qty: 1

(801) Annual Non Resident Recreation Passport
Valid: 01/01/2020 12:00 AM - 12/31/2020 11:59 PM
$34.00 Qty: 1

Total Price: $70.25
Is there anything else I might need ?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
ive been on the forest islands route . its a mix of sand trails thru the woods , and primative gravel roads in the woods . i am liking hte escanaba / norway/ gwinn trail . that could be a multi day exploration trip ..... lots closer than w.v.
I just looked closer the map and followed your trip. No offense but Escanaba to gwinn, or norway is like 15 miles railroad bed... half an hour the most. then the other trails are about 6-9miels . It looks like one dayer to me. More challanging would be to do Stateline trail , passing trough Wi. by Iron Mountain, and heading west... that would be about 120-160 miles a day... avg.30mph - 5-6hour riding a day...

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Check. Michigan.gov It appears the Governor has closed many trails in the up?

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
After further review tonight in front of the map, the State Line Trail is the ride Steve, Mary & I did last year. We stayed overnight in Iron River, Mi. We rode from Pembine, Wi to Iron River overnighted, and then went west from there untill the trail ended.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Here is my idea : start at P [praking] in POWERS/Spalding, then head north to Iron River, thats day one night in Iron river.
Day2 head as far west / northwest, as far as possible [Land O Lakes or Pioneer Trail] then come back to Iron River for night #2 . then day # 3 come back to Powers Spalding load up and leave home. ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
May have to call, I don't think the ATV's are allowed until May 15th?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think alot of stuff is gonna be closed unfortunatly . i bet even badlands closes soon . indiana is on lockdown as well as michigan . jerry you should cash in some of that 401k money and buy us a riding park in michigan . we can then tell everyone we are just going home to self isolate then !!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any idea on spring ride date ? it might become summer ride thou o_O

DNR shopping list :

Shopping Cart
(105) ORV
$26.25 Qty: 1

(106) ORV TRAIL
$10.00 Qty: 1

(801) Annual Non Resident Recreation Passport
Valid: 01/01/2020 12:00 AM - 12/31/2020 11:59 PM
$34.00 Qty: 1

Total Price: $70.25
Is there anything else I might need ?
I live in Marinette, WI, on border between MI UP (Menominee) and WI. Does a non-res need all that to ride in MI?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe so..you need a trail pass and a orv pass...And if you go somewhere like silver lake sand dunes, you also need a pass for the towing vehicle!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe so..you need a trail pass and a orv pass...And if you go somewhere like silver lake sand dunes, you also need a pass for the towing vehicle!!!
Apparently they figure if you can afford a ATV/UTV, gas, etc, you should have no problems paying all of their fees in order to use it..... Do residents have to pay all that, too?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I would imagine that any and all plans would and should be on hold. Unless we get better news soon, which is unfortunately doubtful, I would safely assume more states will be following suit and will be on Lock down. I know that some private areas remain open but only because they are private. If other states go on a mandatory lock down all Non-essential businesses and such will be closed. Guess at this time it all depends on the individual state. Illinois is and has been on lock down.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
It appears that Michigan has also closed the trails......

DNR reduces amenities at state parks, recreation areas and trails

Additionally, grooming of snowmobile trails (the season closes March 31) and grooming, brushing, grading and clearing of all nonmotorized trails and ORV trails are suspended until at least the end of the order. When out on any trail, be aware of surroundings, including the potential for washouts or debris. To report anything that could be a risk to other trail users, call 517-331-0111.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts