Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright y'all I got the new kill switch installed and now have power to everything cranks up and runs great. Still gotta wire up my fan and figure out where the shorts are in the wiring to the kill switch to sort out my headlight issues and what not but I have a problem. I have to put the charger on my battery to get it to start up which I assume is probably a weak battery so it's on trickle charge now but I had it running and cut it off twice and it started right back up but I cut it off a third time and went to start it and the only thing that it did was drag the starter. So I'm assuming it's a stator or rectifier issue. Any ideas? The 2 times it did start up was immediately after shutting it off but the time it did not start up it sat for 2-3 minutes

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You probably killed the charge you had in the battery. When you start it the starter pulls a pile of amps and running it for a few seconds will not replace that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had it running for about 2 minutes before it shut off. I put it on the charger and it appears there is something wrong with my battery. I had it on slow charge for 2 hours but come back to it an hour later and the battery was smoking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts