Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Redneck Toyhauler

So, take a pop-up tent camper, some axles, a little (lot) metal, weld it together, and you have aRedneck toyhauler.

This thing works great. Hauls 2 full size quads and camping supplies. Sets up in 15 minutes. Balanced so even my 1/2 ton can pull it. It works the truck, but it's all pull weight. The tow hitch only gets about 300lbs on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
So, take a pop-up tent camper, some axles, a little (lot) metal, weld it together, and you have aRedneck toyhauler.

This thing works great. Hauls 2 full size quads and camping supplies. Sets up in 15 minutes. Balanced so even my 1/2 ton can pull it. It works the truck, but it's all pull weight. The tow hitch only gets about 300lbs on it.
That's awesome, lol. I've been looking at buying a manufactured pop-up toyhauler for a while now. Just waiting for the economy to turn around a little. Neither my wife nor I have had a raise in almost 4yrs and since everything has increased (except our pay), we can't afford another payment right now. We REALLY like the Forest River units.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just Dodging Along.....

My tow rig is pretty basic compared to most I have seen but my Dodge M37 and modded trailer do the job, I do need to paint my trailer when I finish the mods and maybe put some better wheels under it I think...

Best Regards - MM :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Monkey Man don't sweat the trailer just build some long ramps and haul the quad on top. It looks like the Dodge could handle at least 2 no sweat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Big tex 16 ft. junk trailers, would not buy another one.. 1996 sportsman 400 2 Smoker and 2008 Teryx W/ 840 BBK full Mod runs like a scalded cat!

·
Registered
608 Posts
2008 F150 and Aluma A888

Before anyone says anything, the saftey chains and tie down straps are off only because I was just moving the trailer from the front to the back yard. I had just rinsed it off and left the atv on the trailer to get some pics.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Our Toy Hauler

2009 35ft Fuzion Touring Edition.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
TOYOTA and POLARIS POWER!!
EDIT SECOND PIC HAD A BUDDYS honda IN IT MY BAD

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
What kind of fuel mileage are you getting with your truck empty and towing?
According to the truck computer I got 9.2mpg running the speed limit as you see it in the picture on a 4hr+ round trip to Mud Nationals. 1000lb of ATV and gear in the truck and the camper is at about 8-9K.

Empty on a road trip 17.1mpg usually a little over the posted speed limit. City/hwy mix is 14 to 15mpg.

This truck mirrors my 99 model 7.3 fuel mileage I had for many years, but with a lot more power and comfort, Ford hit a home-run with the 400hp 800lb of torque 6.7 as for as I am concerned.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks for the info, that is about the mileage I am getting with my 2001 7.3. Mine is a F350 dually with 4:10 gears, 5 inch turbo back exhaust, banks turbo wheel, AFE stage 2 intake and Edge juice with attitude programmer. I am right at 23,000 gross when I have the 5th wheel full of water, fuel and the two quads. I have to drive around 60 mph to get in the high 9s to low 10s. Empty I am getting 15-16 combined and 17+ on the highway if I keep it down to 60 mph. I would like to have the new 6.7 but I only have 70,000 on the one I have so the wife says no!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I picked up this trailer in Kentucky a few years ago. 7500lb capacity. This was a trip from Michigan back to KY with some friends a few years ago.

When I solo, I put my ATV in the back of my van then camp in the van. My wife went with me on this trip back to KY last fall. We used to have fun in the back of a van, back in the day. Getting too old nowdays. She was not thrilled.

This is my concept for a poor man's toy hauler. Pickup campers are pretty cheap now and I thought I would mount one on my utility trailer.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Nothing special...99 Suburban LT 1500HD 4x4. Super clean and almost at 200k miles. Looks lifted a little but it's not, bigger tires, helper springs in the back and the front torsion cranked up. $200 to fill up and will never do that again, to paranoid someone will steal my gas.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Recently added a small Raptor TH to my fleet. I use the motorhome for RV trips without the toys. I got the big Volvo truck (converted to a RV toter) & 40ft Teton 5th wheel when I retired and spent the first 2 yrs fulltime RV'ing on the road. I'm going to sell them now that i dont travel as much.
The Raptor garage just fits my Polaris 850XP and Harley Ultra, side by side.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
3 RVs?!? I don't even have a pop-up! I like the semi set-up, probably a lot less stressful than trying to pull it with a truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
a few of my Heartland north trail hauler

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing special 2008 Silverado Z71 hauling a 5x10 Venture galvanized trailer

Attachments

21 - 40 of 265 Posts