Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up this trailer in Kentucky a few years ago. 7500lb capacity. This was a trip from Michigan back to KY with some friends a few years ago.

When I solo, I put my ATV in the back of my van then camp in the van. My wife went with me on this trip back to KY last fall. We used to have fun in the back of a van, back in the day. Getting too old nowdays. She was not thrilled.

This is my concept for a poor man's toy hauler. Pickup campers are pretty cheap now and I thought I would mount one on my utility trailer.

I have a good friend who we built one just like your Drawing. One of the Handiest and cheapest rigs on the road. I built him a rear addition so he can carry one under the camper and one at the back. Works Awesome and pulls great, just center up the camper over the axles and rig you up a rear extension and hit it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
we just ordered a forest river stealth ss2216 toyhauler, it will be delivered the second week of Febuary......looks just like the one in the picture but ours is in the red decal theme.....

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Here is our home away from home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got done modifying this one. It will haul my 4 quads well. It had rails that were 12" tall. I cut them off and added 2" square tubing. It has pockets in the back for the ramps that I modified for side loading.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks nice. We bought a new ForestRiver 29MBV about two years ago and like it a lot. Drove all the way to dealer in Ohio to get it. Got it for a lot less that what any dealer here in TX could sell it for....... You will have a blast with that Stealth.

we just ordered a forest river stealth ss2216 toyhauler, it will be delivered the second week of Febuary......looks just like the one in the picture but ours is in the red decal theme.....

·
Registered
68 Posts

here it is in the red trim package...

Floor layout, notice the garage space on floor, 16'...

·
Registered
425 Posts
We just picked up an 18' Stellar and although its small it will fit the polaris and honda just fine. This was about the limit the 07 Tacoma could handle. Would have loved to a little bigger but then you have to get a bigger rig to pull it and then another payment which we dont need.

·
Registered
106 Posts
here is my set up, it gets my machine anywhere i need it to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Here is my new hauler. Just got it this week after waiting two months. Fully finished inside, e-track-led lights, screen door inside. Hauls 2 XP's and sleeps 5. Pulling it with a Ram 1500.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Very nice looking, could you post some interior photos?

Very nice!

How long is it? Who is maker? What are the dimensions inside? What did it cost you? I need one thus I am asking so many q's. Thanks in advance!
Whole rig is 19" long but the trailer is a 14 footer with a 28" nose. Just enough space to get 2 large quads in there with plenty of space for storage in the v-nose.

The trailer is a United XLMTV (XLMTV714TA35-8.5) with a torsion axle and e track upgrade. Got it for 4,900 out the door not including the e track clips I needed to get everything locked down in transit.

She still has the d rings and wheel chocks setup for hauling 2 bikes when I need to as well. Empty weight is right at 2,200 lbs with a max GVR of 7,000 lbs.

Hope that answers your questions.

·
Registered
150 Posts
1996 Dodge Dakota 5.2L v8

·
Registered
51 Posts
2008 Mega Cab and our 2005 Wildwood Bunk house 5th wheel. I pull the wheelers or boat behind it.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 265 Posts