Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mine for my scrambler and ill most likely throw it in tomorrow. I have a big gun evo full pipe and an aftermarket filter. Any noticeable improvement in power or anything? Or with any pipe/fuel controller set up for that matter. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
243 Posts
You should get a noticeable difference. I hope you have the correct map file for your quad and pipe setup. I have a pcv on my Honda, with a full HMF pipe/header. Should average a 10% hp gain.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Please let us know how it works for u. It will be interesting to see what differences a full pipe and programmer make on the 850. There is a very noticeable difference with similar combos on other quads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've installed about 50 programmers on motorcycles with exhaust system changes in the last 3-4 years. On most of them there is definitely a seat of the pants difference, but not huge. I've only done them on a half dozen sport quads and on them there is a noticeable difference with pipes and opening up the air boxes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I wonder if anyone has posted a hp graph with the difference or gains.

12 850EPS Short bus edition

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can get one for the Hayabusa in the shop. But that's a deceiving one as it's turbocharged and much more.
That things a beast! I would have been curious on the 850, and what kind of gains they see

12 850EPS

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
My son put one on his 09 850, put the O2 sensor in the pipe too, Qiut a difference, that thing runs, will walk away from my stock one,he's seen 83 mph out of it

·
Registered
417 Posts
Having the o2 makes the difference

·
Registered
417 Posts
it might sound like a total waste of a autotune system, but I'd leave everything stock. I mean if it gave me 5hp, then I'm hitting canam1000 specs. With an almost stock machine.:D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im hoping it comes with a map for the exhaust. I think it does. Guess we will see soon

·
Registered
417 Posts
Besides being smaller, what's the difference between the 5 and 3?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a good question. Im assuming a bit more adjustability on the 5. I've never used a PC yet so im not sure at all

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
◾Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
◾USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
◾2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
◾Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
◾Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
◾With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
◾Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
◾10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
◾Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

The biggest change is the ability to map each cylinder in each gear separately. That is huge on a race bike. On an 850 I'd personally just do the III if it's available. I'm running the V-PTi with auto tune and the LCD display on the bike I just finished tuning for someone. With a turbo it made the tuning on the dyno easy and fast. Surprising how quickly the system learns what it needs and where.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already had the 5 a while ago. A guy spends so much on these things anyway whats the difference in a couple hundred here and there right haha

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I already had the 5 a while ago. A guy spends so much on these things anyway whats the difference in a couple hundred here and there right haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you found a proper tune from dyno Jet to run the PC5 on your scrambler? Or did you go with an auto tune? or self adjust?
In the process of installing my pipe but need to decide on a fuel management system asap.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The PC5 works very well but even better with the autotune or if you have the ability to take it dyno facility. Without autotune or a dyno I would not consider.

If price is part of the equation I would go PC5 with auto tune first and remove the spark arrestor core from your stock muffler to get more flow and also go to a better air filter like a KN and get some frog skinz so you can add additional weatherproof ports to your airbox for more air - I would suggest (4) 1" holes.

I would also suggest putting the PC5 in a clear / heavy plastic baggy to keep it out of the weather.

From there buy a slip on or full exhaust in the future.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts