Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just did a full rebuild on a 06 scrambler I just bought. After the first couple heat cycles the battery died so I put it on my jumper box on the 3rd heat cycle the hot light came on and the fan would turn on for 3 seconds and shut off then on then off and so on after 30 minutes off sitting with the key off something drained my jumper box.. Any ideas of what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yes - you have a 'key off draw' - unplug the rec/reg and see if it goes away - if it does, install a new rec/reg

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
you need to make sure the cooling system has been completely expelled of air if not you'll get overheat conditions and the ECU inputs will make the machine run erratic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There seems to be no air in cooling system when I bypass the temp sensor the fan still goes on off on off. Latebird, is the rec/reg the ecm?

·
Premium Member
9,428 Posts
its probably tied into the ECU!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
That's it! The sure power unit - it is the SSCB, controller module, ECM, ECU and rec/reg - whatever you want to call it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. I was thinking the black box above it was the rec/reg did some digging and it’s actually the rpm limiter hub.. Ecu should be here Thursday! Thanks again I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know which way this jumper wire goes together. Think the previous owner had them backwards...

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
No backwards to it - it doesn't make any difference which wire connects to which wire, but as a matter of right from left, the side with the 5 embossed nubs should be on the same side when plugged together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No backwards to it - it doesn't make any difference which wire connects to which wire, but as a matter of right from left, the side with the 5 embossed nubs should be on the same side when plugged together.
Awesome! Thanks for all of your knowledge latebird everything is now working as it should!!! Project 06 scrambler is now complete!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts