Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to put out some useful information about installing eps on a base 570. I have a 2018 570 base model non-eps. After owning the machine for a few years and a 1000 miles later wishing I had just bought an EPS equipped model, I decided to see if it was possible to put in power steering. I could never find much information on this forum or elsewhere online of this being done. After some investigating, the relay and fuse are already there as well as both of the plugs. I bought an eps unit and steering shaft from ebay for $300. Found out it was as simple as bolting it in plugging in the connectors. It works and it's great to have power steering.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570 2020 sportsman 850
220 Posts
Nice! So you just found a used oem eps? What year/bike did your eps come from? I might need to do that

·
Registered
220 Posts
I found this one on eBay, is this all I’ll need?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! So you just found a used oem eps? What year/bike did your eps come from? I might need to do that
I found this one on eBay, is this all I’ll need?
That looks like it might be for an ace or razor since it looks like the steering shaft is a 2 piece in the pic....the power steering shafts are straight and about 14-15" long. The eps unit I got from ebay just so happen to come from a 2018 sp. I found the steering shaft under "sportsman 570 sp" in the search...after scrolling through you will see there are differences in shafts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What about these?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I don’t think you’ll come across many functioning Sportdman 570 EPS units for $300.00 very often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts