·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd like to read through the installation instructions

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperATV has had the powersteering kit for the RZRs for quite sometime now. And from what I have read on RZR forums, the reviews have been extremely positive. I believe one of the reasons why no one has come out with a kit like this is because the stadors on the older Sportsmans don't pump out enough watts to give it all out assist like the 550/850 PS equipped atvs. Now I'm guessing that these kits probably wont have quite the assist like the ones equipped from the factory with PS. But I'm sure its probably pretty close though.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Power steering on a new 500Ho = best all around atv ever!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guys on RZR forums say it takes around a few hours for the install on a RZR. I think there was two versions made. The first version required some wire splicing, while the latest version, is plug n play. Some of my info may be incorrect as I'm just going by what I hear on other forums. So don't take it as being 100% fact cause some of those people on them sites are full of crap.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I would imagine the install on a sporty 500 would be a little more difficult than a rzr with the space being so much more confined on the 500. Probably need to remove front fenders and wheels of course.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally Posted by Rooskey
Power steering on a new 500Ho = best all around atv ever!!!

You got that right!! Wish they would add the XP style IFS to the value line.
Ha. I've had these thoughts many times, and am starting to realize that i should just buy an XP.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I know what my 800 touring will be getting soon :p

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
well, that just solidified my future purchase plans.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone purchased yet? I may be trading up for a 2011 x2 tomorrow and want this to be my first mod, but I'd like to hear some comments about installation and results first. Are you guys gonna make me be the guinea pig? Haha

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im gonna get one in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll give some feedback after I take my 800 to WV for a long ride.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The power steering is not available for the X2 or Touring. The reason is the battery placement is different from the regular Sportsman line. They are supposed to be designing the mounting brackets for the X2/Touring and coming out "soon" according to an email from SuperATV.........

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ahhh to have EPS, wait, I do have it... Okay just taking a shot at all the people who say: "I dont need that, mine is fine without it" I have never "needed" power windows, but I damn sure have them. If this works as well as it should, you will be thrilled.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You guys find out if this kit is like the oem Polaris eps where you have power steering the moment you turn the key or like the yamaha where you have to start moving before it kicks in. After installing the offset wheels and tires on my 500 it can be a bear to steer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You guys find out if this kit is like the oem Polaris eps where you have power steering the moment you turn the key or like the yamaha where you have to start moving before it kicks in.
That's a good question. I called super atv yesterday and didn't think to ask about that. I was told that the X2 kits would be ready within 3 weeks.

Was also informed at the dealer yesterday that Polaris has it's own kit now, and you don't have to buy everything piece by piece. Anyone know anything about this? I didn't have the time to investigate.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts