Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do I find the power steering relay on a 2009 850xp? My power steering cuts out while riding and the eps warning light lights up. If I shut the ignition off and restart it usually starts to work again. Figured checking the relay is a good place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had to change mine to the upgraded repair kit relay on my 2012 850 ho, it was under the front left plastic near the fuel tank fill hose, its really easy to remove the plastic and makes the job a breeze, don't let a dealer tell you your EPS is shot, the guys I deal with said they are bullet prove, its 9 out of 10 times the relay, the stock one is no where near water tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had to change mine to the upgraded repair kit relay on my 2012 850 ho, it was under the front left plastic near the fuel tank fill hose, its really easy to remove the plastic and makes the job a breeze, don't let a dealer tell you your EPS is shot, the guys I deal with said they are bullet prove, its 9 out of 10 times the relay, the stock one is no where near water tight.
Where did you buy your new relay from? I found one on amazon for about $55, but I’m pretty sure it’s the oem one from Polaris. So unless they’ve made it more water tight, it’ll probably fail again?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where did you buy your new relay from? I found one on amazon for about $55, but I’m pretty sure it’s the oem one from Polaris. So unless they’ve made it more water tight, it’ll probably fail again?
Just bought mine real cheap on Ebay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts