Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Predator 50 for my grandson, the machine runs great, but I have to kick start it.
It has no lights and the starter doesn't work, I have checked both fuses and not sure where to look next?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of the age, an 06 maybe. I have one fuse near the battery, may be an add on, and one glass fuse further back in the wire harness.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Start by checking the obvious - I presume you are aware that the starter won't work unless the LH brake lever is pulled in? Also, the tether switch has to be closed and the handlebar kill switch has to be in the on position.

With a meter or test light to see where power IS and where it's not. Start by verifying the battery has at least 12 volts and make sure the terminals are tight - then using the test device, check that there is voltage on the red wire after the fuse - from there, 12v on the red wire at the key switch - with the switch turned on, there should be 12v on the brown wire supplies power to the LH brake lever switch, horn (if it has one), oil level light (will come on if the oil is low). With the LH lever held in or parking brake set, there willbe 12v on the green wire with a yellow stripe. The grn/y wire supplies 12v to the starter solenoid and to the brake light. In the drawing for an 06 Predator 50, the tail light is not wired, only the brake light.

If the brake light comes on, the starter should work if the starter relay and the starter motor are good.

Maybe this will help

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
My I ask what the solution was? I. Having the same issue
The solution in this case was applying the LH lever - safety interlock was preventing the starter relay from closing

The post is about 3 years old - would be better to start your own thread because while the symptoms may be the same, the solution may be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts