Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my carb in my 03 predator and its leaks a lot of fuel over night, We went riding and it wasn't dripping, (I turn my fuel off when transporting and even when it just sits, even when i washed it after riding that same day there was nothing on the ground. So i parked it in my garage and woke up with a big puddle of gas on the ground.

i checked o-ring on the seat and the pin, both are in good condition and im thinking its the floater. i've already lifted the floater a little and it did stop for a bit, but then starts dripping a few hours later. drain is sealed also.

going to forums before taking it to a shop for them to rebuild it.

Anything to try will be helpful, god bless.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Sound like the needle valve is leaking. When you rebuilt it did you replace those parts? The float level could be set too high also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when the carb was off i blew air with my mouth checking if there was a leak and it seemed sealed. then once the float dropped down ari gets thru like its supposed to do. went it goes up it seals

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
From your description, the needle valve is leaking. It is letting fuel out of the tank overfilling the carb bowl and out the overflow. It might seal, but too high.

You need to inspect the needle tip closely. Under magnification I bet you will see a "ridge" or "grove" in the rubber tip where the needle meets the seat. If you do, replace it.

The general rule for the float level is: with the top part of the carb upside down, the float lever should be parallel with the gasket surface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts