Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought an 03 predator 500 and it runs great.. but sometimes when i go to start it, it turn over for a second nd make this horrible clinking and banging noise which sounds like its in the bottom end but im not sure, then it starts after a few seconds. other times it will start the second i hit the start button. the motor has no ticks or anything when its running, it only makes that bad clanking noise when im starting it.. not sure if its part of the flywheel one way bearing or the starter or what.. please help

·
Registered
521 Posts
check and see if you have an aftermarket cdi, most of them are junk and ruin your one way bearing

my guess your one way bearing is trashed, replace asap before anything breaks, ive seen pieces break in there and pop holes in the cases.........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check and see if you have an aftermarket cdi, most of them are junk and ruin your one way bearing

my guess your one way bearing is trashed, replace asap before anything breaks, ive seen pieces break in there and pop holes in the cases.........
okay, i was planning on bringing it to the atv shop this weekend. they said they they would take it apart and fix it. do you think if it was the one way bearing it would be under a grand to get that replaced?

·
Registered
521 Posts
yes the one way isnt even hard too change actually, if you have a bit of mechanic knowledge its super easy, pull the side cover, pull the clutch face off and all the plates then pull the basket and it sets on the back of the baskett with a handful of bolts

download the service manual and take a gander at it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts