Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how's it going guys. Just bought an '03 Predator 500. Just replaced the battery in it. & the issue is starting it. Once started it runs amazing & shifts great, but took off the side cover & only good part is the starter itself. Had a chip in the tooth of one of the idling gears near the starter & all metal shavings on the flywheel & cover & it wasnt looking to good, many scrapes in the metal part of the flywheel & also the starter gear behind the starter clutch seemed very loose & "chattered" against the starter clutch. So figured to get her good again today I ordered new idling gears, flywheel, stator, gasket, starter clutch, 8 new bolts, & a new starter gear. & i'll flush her out real good & clean out all the shavings. Am i missing anything, part wise ? Also when I replace the flywheel do I need to adjust the timing ? & also should I replace the woodruff key ?? Thanks in advance !!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Sounds like you've got a good plan. I've never been into one of those, but if like any other 2 stroke the stator should have marks on it to line up for the timing. No reason to replace the woodruf key unless it is damaged. The flywheel only fits one way so you can't mess that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts