Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys imvnew with Fuji motors I can fix anything but this my first one and my brother's bike he can't get anyone to figure it out so I told him I'd give it a shot I need help I just got it in my shop for starters its a 540 or whatever big bore stage two cam edelbrock carb full big gun stainless open airbox now I haven't checked valve clearance yet and don't know the compression but I do know it will run all day long wonderful if its pop started but when you try to crank it cranks once that's it and won't crank once its I guess up to compression so my first guess was not enough valve clearance or decompressor issues please helppppp?????

·
Registered
521 Posts
numero uno check the valves tight valves not good of course number two what cdi is on it if its not stock vortex or dyna get a stock vortex or dyna

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a big gun rev box in it to match the pipe and have you ever heard of lowering the compression by milling the head and putting two head gaskets on its got a 12:1 piston in it and just for the record what's clearance when running a stage 2 cam the motor was just built so it should have clearance and runs fine when pop started its just that cranking compression is to high to start it

·
Registered
521 Posts
like i said the big gun cdi is your problem they are not made too change the timing on crank so they cause wicked kickback shear off woodruff keys and ruin oneway bearings get a stock box and you will lose all the problems or get a vortex or dyna cdi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured I would be hearing that your sure I don't need to mill my head and put two gaskets right that would raise or lower compression? Or is that to run high octane fuel?

·
Registered
521 Posts
12;5;1 is typically standard in a 558bbk 560bbk 574bbk and 600bbk no milling needed, change your cdi check your woodruff key and one way also the valve clearences then go from there after that fact of the matter if you want more power loose edelbrock and get a stock change your slip on and u will pull most power from it that way

if you want more opinions and sure knowledge check out polarisproriders.com there are tons of predators and outlaws there im redpred there...........

·
Registered
521 Posts
if you put the stock cdi back in and check everything i informed u of you should be able too start right up providing the battery hasnt lost any cells internally

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have went thru one high torque starter three one way clutches and one woodriff key due to not enough torque on my flywheel my first thought was advancing the timing but you would think all that money for that pos rev box it would do what it says and advance but ill take your word for it now do u think if I put the stock cdi on there it will do the same?

·
Registered
521 Posts
no the stock box takes in account on startup so it will start fine as long as the woodruff the one way and valves are all proper......

and if u compare the vortex and dyna in price the big gun is cheap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok that was my first instinct because I've heard a lot of people say big gun cdis are junk and screw that battery for now got the jump box on it lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
yes i agree but if it dont start on its own id be willing too bet that will be next or the valves need re-clearence or woodruff key again lol let me know how it goes and i can help u get her going............

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well my brother sent this to a buddy of his and I'm pretty sure that he did everything right its got all new valves springs etc so we can stretch everybit of horses out of this thing but now here it is in my shop because he wouldn't listen when I said leave it stock and put a pipe on it oh yea are the valve clearance s the same with an hc2 as a stock cam because I heard a lot of diff things one saying .006 and one saying .026 on intake what is recommended clearance with an hc2

·
Registered
521 Posts
im not postive, no one really runs them unless you are literally as big as bore u can and stroked out with a ton of head work literally larger intake valves and pnp but i can tell u with small bore the cams are bad idea also unfortunetly......

i had advanced cams in mine and when i pulled them i made more power i believe there prolly about what the hc2s are

1 - 15 of 15 Posts