Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should I start with troubleshooting a not charging problem? I don't have the manual and am not very familiar with how the charging takes place on this model. Any suggestions would be helpful. Pred will start and run if you jump it but as soon as you shut it off it acts like it has no battery. I recently (3 months ago) put a new battery in it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Did you ever figure this out as I am having the same problem...I went to start it sat. and it gave me one good spin and everything died, now the neutral light will not even come on. but if i jump it, it will run fine.. but as soon as i cut it off...nothing. i also noticed the headlights pulse while its running.....the battery is also newish and iv'e never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I finally figured it out. It ended up being a bad battery. It must have had a short inside. I ended up returning it (had bought it online) and buying a DieHard from the local Sears. That had it in stock and had one of the best warranties. And I knew that if I had aproblem with it I could return it and get a new one same day.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
thats kinda where i was leaning...it would almost have to be the battery if it starts with a jump. Thanks for tha reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts