Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost Raptor to bike thieves. Bought a 2004 Predator, Any good sustitutes for the p-4 oil.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board! Mobil 0W-40!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep everything tightened! had a few of these bikes they r almost as bad as harleys.

Sorry to hear bout the thieves, lost 2 atv's to that 4 yrs ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
napa filter for Preddy 500

Napa filter does not come with a o ring that fits. Polaris filters from now on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does the predator have a wet clutch? If so are you guys running a motorcycle oil with the friction modifiers or are you using an auto oil? I am unable to find a 0-40 locally and was wondering what you guys thought about running a 10-40 oil?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Run the PS-4 it works! Preds get really warm in the crankcase area and the oem oil is pretty good stuff. Never had a problem with mine and I run both my quads pretty hard. Last weekend logged about 50 miles (back and forth on an 18 mile state trail) no issues at all and it was 85F out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
rotella-t dino / synthetic either one is good as well as cheap and just buy the filters in bulk.....the key is just to make sure its good for wet clutch applications and doesn't say energy conserving (will have friction modifiers). The rotella can be bought anywhere, I think walmart is like 10 for dino 20 for synthetic per 1.5 gallon jug.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Don't run 10W-40, it's high detergent and will foam up too much. The PS4 is pretty decent oil if you keep up with the change intervals, and you can buy the whole kit online.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been running amsoil in every machine I have, both 2 stroke and 4 stroke dirt bikes, KFC 450, predator 500, my sleds, street bikes n Harley's not to mention all of my vehicles. Not once have I had any issues with foaming or anything else. In fact I have gone through less top ends and clutches since changing to amsoil in 2004.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts