Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was riding my 05 pred yesterday, having a blast just flying and all of the sudden I lost all power and as soon as I pull the clutch in it cut off. I was not able to get it started back up. When I hit the start button the motor turns over but I have almost no compression. Im going to tear it down tomorrow to see whats up but wanted to get some insight from anyone who may know what problem could be. Im thinking my piston rings may be fried or something. Im just not sure because it was running fine a few days ago. Any ideas appreciated! Thanks! I will provide a link with a video of it trying to turn over if the sound of it will help anyone.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54EYom7hGQE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. So here is an update. I tore it down to the cams. Timing chain is not broke but I removed the plug and apparently the piston hit my plug and trashed it. Thats the only thing I can think happened. I included a picture of the plug. Did it jump time? What would cause this to happen? Also, will I need to replace the piston? Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
sorry but loks to me like to busted a valve and the broken piece came up and into your plug. Get that head pulled off. Its not going to be pretty tho. There is no way for the piston to hit the plug its a busted valve.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dam.. Thats sucks man. Stuck Valve / then pistion hit the Valve witch got your plug.

Or you Broke your Rod. But then you should hear that when it spins over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts