Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 predator 500, the quad will start up, and run for about 15 minutes then shut down completely. it will start up again after 2-5 minutes then do that every 2-5 minutes. it does not make for very much fun. for those about to respond, i've replaced the coil, magnetic switch,voltage rectifier,and the cdi box. i've gone thru the quad and cleaned every connection and reconnected with dielectric grease. i did find some bares wires rubbing on the frame and repaired those. i could really use some help. something is getting hot and cutting the electrics, then cools off to start up again. thanks for reading

·
Registered
877 Posts
welcome to the board
are u sure its not something to do with the engine
just putting ideas out there

·
Registered
75 Posts
It could be a worn engine causing low compression. Have you done a compression test? Also there are fuses or circuit breakers I think in the wire harness black pouches. One is up in the front near the steering stem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks nate, i just had the valves done at the end of december with new rings. the problem was happening before then, just not as much as now. i did check those fuse incased in the plastic. how can you tell if there bad?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can use a test light to check them or DVOM meter. Or simply remove them and visually inspect for anything unusual. They might be cheap enough to just replace all of them at once.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts