Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought an 05 predator about a month ago. I got it from a guy off craigslist that didnt know much about the bike, the only modification it has (that I know of) is an HMF slip on exhaust. Its runs really strong and its a blast to ride, my cousin just recently purchased an 04 raptor that was advertised as having a 686 bbk and full GYTR exhaust. I rode it as well and it has good power also, but I can pull away from him on the flat track that we race at. Hes a pretty big guy so figuring it must be rider weight I had my older brother try racing me on the raptor, it was a lot closer but I could still edge out on him by a bike length and stay there. Im not sure how stock predators run so I was really suprised at the outcome. Could it be possible that I might have a built bike myself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bruce!!

And thanks for the input 06pred. Its been awhile since ive been in the sport quad scene and this is the first predator ive owned, when I got it the previous owner didnt mention any kind of engine mods, so im just going with the assumption that its stock except for the slip on pipe. My cousin wasnt to thrilled with the outcome of our race lol and said my bike was probably fixed up or his was most likely stock. Either way I love my predator and hopefully I can add an outlaw to my collection here soon :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
i doubt its built, but if you wanted too smoke him you could do a few things that would leave him in the dust........now that being said raptors have major low end so they wheelie easily.......preds have low end but rain terror threw the range

anywho have fun!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah youre right his raptor wheelies like crazy out of the gate, on our track he can stay with me on takeoff but I can pull ahead rather easily. If mine is stock what are the best mods to start off with? Im not looking to do anything really crazy, but a little extra power is always a plus lol. On a side note, im also starting to notice some valve rattle. How difficult are they to shim?

·
Registered
521 Posts
valves are kinda tricky but id order a video on them and read alot about them once they start rattling get them adjusted so that your set hombre, i let a shop do mine and they ruined my pred it never ran again.......

first mods depends on the loot your wanna drop if you have 500 tickling you then jump on a hpd 558 bbk, will instantly kill the raptor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts