Polaris ATV Forum banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I've had good luck with my BatteryMinder. It comes with a cable to make it somewhat hardwired as well.'

·
Registered
294 Posts
Has anyone tried a Yuasa YUA1200901?

Looks like it has great reviews and the price is certainly right from some online retailers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just bought a Battery Tender Jr. This weekend. My Walmart Battery sat on a charge for 24 hours and when I first installed it back in my machine.... VROOM VROOM as my kids say! Couple hours later... Not so vroom vroom.... Whatever I end up with for a battery... At least ill have peace of mind that my tender will be helpin out. Note: in the literature I found online and with the tender there's only like a 1.4v drop required for the battery to be low...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with the battery tender solar? Just picked up the charge contoller today.....dont know how it may perform over the winter.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just installed an Xciter 5 stage unit last night. I like the fact that the plug end for the ring terminals has an attached cap that will keep mud, dirt and water out of it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thanks! I ordered 4 of these for my sleds this morning.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
One appears to be defective.. for the price not worth the hassle and cost of a return.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
One appears to be defective.. for the price not worth the hassle and cost of a return.
For the price it isn't worth the risk of ruining a battery or starting a fire IMO.
That's what the inline fuse is for. I keep tabs on the battery charges and others seem to be working fine at this point. I'm more concerned about them not charging than going catastrophic on me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks blueline, I'm buying a Deltran soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use a 15 w solar panel and a battery tender controller. I have a splitter and can condition 2 batteries at the same time. While a bit more expensive ($100 for panel and controller), does a great job! Picked it up at Cabela's, but have seen them advertised on Amazon as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have Tenders on everything, all four ATV's cargo trailer battery, tractor battery, generator battery. Before I started using the tender on the generator battery I had to replace it every year, now with the tender it is 3 years old and going strong.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Inexpensive battery tenders are located at

Harbor Freight, with coupon they are $4.95 (1 yr warranty), i found a really nice digital model on ebay for 12.95 also (probably next to 0 warranty when you consider the trouble of mailing it back). Shop around and let your fingers do the walking! :^)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yuasa maintainer

I was originally going to purchase a Battery Tender but ended up purchasing the Yuasa SmartShot 900 Battery charger/maintainer Model12v900.I could'nt find one negative review on their battery maintainers and I've heard positive comments on their batteries.
After purchasing the maintainer today,I unhooked the battery to check the cell levels,cleaned everything up,reinstalled the battery with the quick disconnects & dielectric grease and my Polaris battery is now being maintained.
I have peace of mind now & hopefully I will double the life of my battery with my maintainer.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is there a upgrade or a battery that is better to run extra things on your wheeler like they have optimas for cars do they have something like that for us (i have a 2001 Polaris 500 HO)

·
Registered
22 Posts
141 - 160 of 176 Posts