Polaris ATV Forum banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
well the battery was under warranty and its an agm x2 battery and it seems to be a good battery so far i kinda put it through a stress test this weekend and am happy with that battery for what im using it for

·
Registered
8 Posts
fuel regulators

I need a fuel reg for polaris 700 sportsman twin 2004 1/2. Cant find one anywere! And polaris is no help. Does anyone know were I can get one? Ty

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is there anyway to piggyback a tender to do all your battery's. Like buy one tender and connect all batterys in parallel? Thanks!
there is a SPECIAL battery tender for doing this... I believe it will do 4 at a time? im not positive, but no u cant take a regular one and hook up several batterys, remember the internal resisitance of every battery would be different so that would cause current regulation issues, it would get really complicated to even figure out in theory what might happen! I just buy the little bat tenders and plug em in where I need them...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the information. I was unaware that was the reason ATV batteries were more expensive than automobiles. I picked up a new battery and tender and home to have a several year investment based off the information posted.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Since new I have used a 2 Amp Battery Charger/Float on my sportsman. I think it's the reason my stock battery is still working great after 3 years and some very cold winters plowing. I do have to say though I will be doing away with the Charger/Floater traditional maintainers and going to the smart battery maintainers. Reason being is for long term storage the newer design Maintainers are safer and more efficient on your battery.

I recently picked up a TecMate Optimate 3+ for my Honda Generator battery and will be getting the TecMate 5 for my Sportsman battery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had good luck with the Yuasa 1 amp trickle chargers. They come with pigtails you attach permanently to your battery so you can plug it in without removing the seat. Yuasa came out on top in a test of the major brands. That said, any of the well known trickle chargers is better than none. Tractor Supply has good prices on Schumacher chargers that will automatically adjust for 6 or 12 volt and charge at a trickle rate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Sportsman 570 EFI 2015 and I was riding a little tough yesterday, some race starts and drifts and stuff and next thing ya know it dies and my battery is at .2 (yes that is 0.2 volts) basically flat lined. How do I know if I bunt a rectifier or if my alternator is bad? Also how would I be able to charge my battery back up? I have a trickle charger but that does not to work at this deep of a discharge. Thanks to anyone that can help! ~Jim

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
if you have 0.2 Volt the battery is gone but you can try one thing,
take a car battery and hook it to your battery so the voltage go up and connect the charger but not a trickle charger, after 30 min or so try to unhook the car battery if you have luck you can awaken your battery this way

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is a great thread. Ive got the battery tender juniors. Hook up the cables to your batteries and run them to the best spot you can get at to plug in. My Juniors are 900 MA. They are a must have for all your 6 and 12 volt batteries. Cabelas has them,Walmart FarmnFleet. Most auto parts stores. Heck even your local Polaris dealer sells them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2000 xplorer 400. Wore the battery down running the winch for plowing snow. The guy I bought it from pointed out the accessory 2 prong cable under the seat for running things like a sprayer. If you've read this thread you know what I used that for right? I've used this charger all winter for ice fishing 12V batteries w/ no problems at all. Bought with prime on-line for $33. The 5A gets you over the hump quickly then it drops down so won't take you 12 hrs to charge if battery is down but can still leave it plugged in as tender/maintainer.
-seach-
12Volt 5Amp Car Battery Charger For AGM GEL Sealed Lead acid VRLA RV Marine Golf Cart Motorcycle Batteries (Red)

161 - 176 of 176 Posts