Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think of this price for the following bike?
2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI loaded. Front and rear bumpers, windshield, winch, hand & thumb warmer,rear passenger seat and foot pegs. 2500 miles, 219 hours. $4200 plus tax. The price is firm.

This is a trade at the local dealership. One owner machine. Clean and well maintained. It comes with a 30 day warranty.

I'm in Ontario. A 2013 500 HO is $5900 plus tax.

NADA offers the following information for Massena NY which is the closest US location to where I am.
Low retail: $3240
Average retail $4260

Kelley Blue Book
$3775

The prices above don't take accessories into account.

Here is a picture of the 500 in question.

Not sure why the pic isn't showing up. I'll work on this later.

You may ask why I'm asking what it's worth if I already have the NADA and Kelley Blue Book info. It's because I've never used these to price anything out before so would like your educated (or in some cases, unedumacated) :) opinions.

I started out looking at new tourings, then the X2 and now the wife said she doesn't even want to go because of all the bugs. So, it's either a new 850 XP EPS or something like this. Obviously, I would prefer the new 850 but I'm not so keen on the price.

I've read enough to know that the 500 is a great bike. What I don't know is if there is anything to be weary about on a 2006.

Your input is appreciated.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That seems like a lot of money. The machine is 7 years old with 2500 miles. About two years ago I bought a 2009 Sportsman 500 HO with a winch/plow with 300 miles on it for $5200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts