Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My primary clutch bushing keeps coming out. I hammeref it in the first time. Can I use the red threalok in it to keep from coming out? Or does it need to be replaced? Any reason why it comes out? Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's supposed to have Teflon coating on the inside. Is the shaft rusted or dirty? Sounds like it's grabbing the shaft. I'd replace that for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's supposed to have Teflon coating on the inside. Is the shaft rusted or dirty? Sounds like it's grabbing the shaft. I'd replace that for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

The shaft was clean. The bushing was out and it doesn't have a Teflon coating. I hammerd it back in and noticed that I probably didn't hammer it in all the way the first time. So now I ruled that out as my problem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which bushing? Cover or moveable sheave? Most of the time you will end up with a new clutch once they come out like that.
The cover. The one with the 6 bolts. I'm hoping to run it longer to see if it comes out again. Is there a reason it comes out?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
There is a clip that holds it in the cover. Sometimes they just wear to the point that the bushing won't stay in or the clip wont. You could try a new bushing, but a hammer is not the way to put it in, needs to be pressed in with the proper tools or you will just damage the bushing. Also see if the notch for the clip is still there. You will have to remove the over to check. The clutch is balanced as an assembly so if you can't get a bushing and clip to stay in and have to replace the cover make sure to have it re-balanced. But more than likely at that point you will want to rebuild the entire clutch or replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts