Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a primary clutch refurb, bought the EPI kit. Got the clutch pulled and the cover plate off. Trying to loosen the spider and it will not budge at all. Using a break wrench and some rigged contraption to hold the clutch in place. I don't have an official Spider remover tool.

Any tips or tricks?

The primary clutch needed refurbed bad, lots of worn parts, missing parts, obviously never done before I bought it.

Thanks in advance,
rwhite35

·
Registered
900 Posts
These are on there very tight. An EBS clutch is torqued at 185 ft lbs and non EBS is 200 ft lbs. I made a tool and used a power bar with a 5ft piece of pipe to crack it free. You will also need a "hold down tool" which I made from tips on this site. All these things can be bought OR made... Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the picks

Kevin,
Thanks for the picks! That helps a lot. Looks like I have some fabricating to do... Darn...
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very useful

Polman500, thanks very useful. Too bad there isn't a library of high quality videos from the manufacturer. When you're talking about a five plus year old machine, I would guess most would choose DIY over taking it to the dealer. But I digress. Thanks, this will do for now.
Ron

·
8,718 Posts
There are some pretty good videos out there although they are sometimes hard to find. Some of the manufacturers like Highlifter, EPI and Rubberdown Customs have video and how to libraries. There is also a how to section on the forum that can be helpful.
Just let us know and we'll try to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts