Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello was just wondering if anyone tried the pro armor dagger mud tires. I seen new sportsman 850 at the dealer with them installed. They look really beefy but heavy, I don't do much mud at all just wondering how they ride on hard pack

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
How much do they weigh??

They look like a decent tire. Look a lot like the ITP mega mayhem's. Don't look like they would be to bumpy as the treads have some overlap.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read in the sportsman parts and accessories catalog that they way roughly 40 pounds more for the rears. They are 27" inches as well I just don't want to dumb down the power right now it lifts the tire nicely, and your right the tread doesn't look like it will right real choppy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fronts weigh 36lbs and rears 40lbs. Definitely heavier than the mayhems but the tread pattern is similar. 8 ply, so good puncture resistance for trails. If they ride like the mayhems then they will be good on trails, even hard pack. But you’ll notice a performance decrease with the weight and height.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I figure it would be noticeable difference, it would take a lot to get stuck tho

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
At those weights you'll sure feel it!!! Def need a clutch kit with those!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have go with something else, I like the attacks they seem more realistic. I have a polaris credit to spend I figured tires would be the best bang for the buck

·
10,395 Posts
Hello was just wondering if anyone tried the pro armor dagger mud tires. I seen new sportsman 850 at the dealer with them installed. They look really beefy but heavy, I don't do much mud at all just wondering how they ride on hard pack
Why would you even look at a mud tire if you don't do much mud??
The weight will be VERY noticeable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah they just caught my eye at the dealership, thought they might make a decent all around tire

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Hey listen if you like them f-it and use that Polaris credit and get them!!! They are not a mud specific tire they are what I would call a a trail tire with a PH D in mud!!! My opinion is a tire heavier then 35 front and 40 rear or taller then 28" requires a clutch kit. So if you were to purchase them and then decide you need a clutch kit well they are sitting on the shelf waiting for a home!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey listen if you like them f-it and use that Polaris credit and get them!!! They are not a mud specific tire they are what I would call a a trail tire with a PH D in mud!!! My opinion is a tire heavier then 35 front and 40 rear or taller then 28" requires a clutch kit. So if you were to purchase them and then decide you need a clutch kit well they are sitting on the shelf waiting for a home!!!
I agree a clutch kit will be needed, but you can get by without for a bit while you’re under warranty.

Depending on where you ride, they will perform fine on the trails and have the necessary bite when you get into the soup. If you ride mainly gravel roads and some trails then I would stick with a trail specific tire.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah will see not looking to pull the trigger till spring anyways. They are 27 inch tall not much bigger then stock. I enjoy how the machine performs as it sits right now. What are some good clutch options out right now?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Polaris ATV and forum favorite has to be QSC!! Kit will run you about $225ish.

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Both!! The kit will come with different shims to increase engagement rpm. I used the thinnest one for the lowest rpm engagement. I tend to do some technical stuff so a softer hit helps!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got them on my 17 570, love them. I do some mud and creek crossing and they do the trick. Rode my road miles while at H&M over past couple years and very smooth. They will tear up your yard if your not careful. Will get them again

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh glad to hear thanks for all the input, I have some time to think about it. So wigannot how are they on gravel road at speed?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts